9. But this ending is better

How long have I been here?

Minutes? Hours?

Feels like days.

It seems as if I could stare at my phone forever. But, considering what had happened, I don't blame myself.

It felt like a dream.

Having to travel to a universe, go through so much just to end a stupid story...killing a girl. A girl that wasn't real, but I knew she felt things.

Even as the Macy Elizabeth Levitt with mental issues and a perfect face and the IQ of a box of crayons...she still felt things.

Jesus, how did this even happen?

All I wanted to do was write an Outsiders fanfiction. One where people could comment on my writing and one where people could see my OC as someone different. I had so many ideas, then I gave up too early.

It'd be so much easier to just write a joke.

One. Big. Fucking. Joke.

I didn't even have to try, I thought.

But they all loved it. And I love them. I felt like I wasn't trying hard enough or that people would see that this chapter wasn't as funny as the others.

I couldn't even write a proper ending, not without feeling like I was letting someone down. I couldn't if I wanted to.

The more I wrote, the weirder it got.

I wanted it to be normal, but I couldn't just turn back now. That's not how life works.

I had to do what I did to end it all.

Even if it means committing homocide.

Haha.

But even after all this...I still feel like I'm not making someone happy.

"Madileez."

My eyes widened. I must be hearing things, right? No one here knows my Wattpad name. Right?

"You are. We're all proud of you."

I shut my eyes tightly. I've had dreams like this before- where I can only hear them. This isn't really abnormal.

But when I opened them, I was blinded by light.

Finally, I was able to see seven figures standing around me, and maybe over 100 others in the background. I was scared at first, but not so much after I looked at their friendly faces.

No way. It couldn't be.

I recognized them, despite never seeing them in person.

The boy with reddish-brown hair, gray-green eyes.

The boy who looks like a puppy dog that's been kicked too many times.

The seven main characters of The Outsiders were standing before me. They looked how they did in the book, but maybe not how I imagined them personally.

Ponyboy grinned at me as he clapped his hands. "Congratulations!"

Dally smirked, but it still felt nice. "Congratulations!"

Johnny shyly smiled. "Congratulations."

Two-Bit and Steve cheered. "Congratulations!"

Darry nodded. "Congratulations."

Soda giggled like the adorable thing he is. "Congratulations!"

The people, who I've never seen but felt like I've known, applauded and yelled, "CONGRATULATIONS!"

I couldn't help but smile, yet stare at them in mild confusion. "I don't get it. I messed up. Why are congratulating me?"

"You tried your best, Madi," Johnny said softly, "And you succeeded in making something amazing."

The other boys agreed.

Pony walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He was younger than me, but a bit taller. "Things don't always turn out the way you plan, but that don't mean it's a failure, right? You've taken care of this, now take care of yourself."

I looked down. "How? Do you have any idea what I did to you guys?"

"You don't have to do somethin' grand to show love. You just gotta try. I mean, even the worst creations have good intentions. And if you really want to move on, maybe it's time you did what you've been wantin' to do for a long while

"The fanfiction?"

He shook his head.

Then it came to me.

I get it now.

I wrapped my arms around him, and everyone joined.

The people patted my back and I heard things like, "You make us laugh" and "Do what you want."

I will.

I opened my eyes again, though I never closed them.

I was back in my room.

Was it all a dream...?

"Madi, dinner!"

I looked at my phone, an epic song playing in my head. And once again, I smiled.

It was time.

THE END

* * *

Thanks you guys for reading this story!

Don't take the ending too seriously either. I promise I don't hate this story, but sone of it is a bit true. :/

But really, I'm happy that I was able to end it.

Please look out for more stories. I have so many planned, but it didn't feel right releasing them until this was done.

I love you all. Bye!