Chapter 2

- Katie's point of view -
I couldn't help but feel a little bad for the new guy. When Michael stepped on his glasses I just got so mad at Michael.
"That was not a mature choice at all!" I said angrily, right after the new guy had left the room.
"Come on baby, it was fun!" Michael said, trying to pull me in for a hug, but I backed of.
"Not. at. all." I said, in hope of him understanding how mean he was being, but of course he didn't. He jut shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing.
"Michael, you should probably go and apologise" I said, giving him one more chance to understand the seriousness in what he did. Hopeless! Michael just laughed at me like it some kind of joke. He could be so stupid sometimes.
I decided to go on my own and talk to the guy Michael just made fun of, just in case he was feeling hurt. I walked past the room, hearing Michael calling my name from behind, but I didn't answer him. I walked towards the lockers to see if he was there. He was. He stood by his locker and searched for something in is bag. I saw him put on something that looked like a new pair of glasses, right before he turned around and looked at me.
"Hi" I awkwardly said, giving him an apologetic smile.
"Hi..." He said, even more awkwardly.
"So, I just wanted to apologise for, you know... Michael." I said, breaking the awkward silence which had spread in the empty room. The guy just nodded, no words came out of his mouth, and the silence was back again.
"I tried to make him come apologise
"I see you got a new pair of glasses" I said, just to, kind of, change the subject.
"Yeah, I always have a new pair in my locker, in case if something's happening with the old ones." He said, keeping his eyes on the floor.
"I like them!" I said, the guy looked up at me and gave me a bright smile.
"You do?" He excitedly asked. "I bought them yesterday, on the new store at the mall!" He continued, smiling. "I need a new pair since, you know what, happened. You can come with me! I mean, if you want to?"
"I'd love to!" I said and gave him a small smile.
"But we might need to go after school, I mean, not because I'm a nerd, school is important you know and-"
"I'll see you after school!" I cut his rambling off and he nodded.
"And by the way, I'm Max" he said.
"And I'm Katie" I said, before making my way back to the classroom.

The school day went by pretty fast. Me and Max met outside of school, and then walked together to that store he was talking about. Max found a pair of glasses pretty fast. They looked exactly like the ones Michael broke, and Max was really happy that he found the same glasses.

Since we only had been at the mall for like fifteen minutes, we decided to go and see if we could find anything else to get. Well, we couldn't, so we ended up at a café, eating pancakes.
"So you mean you like surfing?" I asked Max, and he nodded. "Wow, that's so cool! I guess you aren't as nerdy as I thought" I said, and we laughed.
"Yeah, but to be honest, I'm not really good on surfing. I just like it. Is somehow feels relaxing" He said and I smiled. As I was just about to tell him about the first time I was surfing, I heard a similar voice.
"Isn't it the little nerd?" Michael spoke. "Who did you force to go to the mall with you this time?" Michael and Oliver walked up close to us. I tried to hide my face by looking at another direction but of course they realised it was me.
"Katie?" They both said at the same time, looking extremely surprised.
"Hi Michael, hi Oliver" I said with a friendly voice, trying to sound as normal as possible.
"What are you doing with that nerd?" Oliver asked.
"First of all, his name is Max and to answer your question, I felt bad for what you did and wanted to do something for him, so I went here with him, but I was actually just about to leave" I said grabbing my bag as I stood up.
"Bye I guess" I said while looking at Max's sad and confused face. Michael and Olivier looked at each other and then at me.
"You coming?" I arrogantly asked as I started walking with the two boys close behind me, leaving Max all by himself.

- Max's point of view -
I sat there completely baffled after what just happened. My eyes followed Katie and her friends as they walked further and further away, not even once did she look back at me. I felt betrayed, was what she said true? Did she only hang out with me because she felt bad for what happened with my glasses? I actually thought she wanted to hangout with me, but I guess I was wrong. She was just another pretty face that wanted to earn votes for the school election or something. Someone who was fishing for people's compliments and would do anything to get people to say nice things about her. Yet, she seemed so genuine. The way she talks, laughs, smiles, I never saw any fake gesture. I felt like she spoke her mind and didn't care what the people who heard her would think. She truly wanted me to see the real her. As I let my thoughts wander around one of the waitresses came up to me and brought me back to reality.
"I'm sorry Mister, but we're closing" she said with a smile. I nodded and started making my way home.