You're A Miracle Worker

Darwin's POV:
-
I gave a laugh as I watched Gumball try to do a cartwheel, he didn't do so well, he merely rolled and lifted his legs and then hit the ground. I let my hand run through the grass, it was spiky but somewhat soft. My attention returned to Gumball who was sitting down now, he looked deep in thought, so I just watched him.
-
He stood up and walked over to me, then he sat down. "Darwin?" He asked looking at me thoughtfully. "Yes Gumball?" I asked looking at him, begging for the question. "Do you think Penny will ever love me?" He asked gazing at me. My heart sank. Penny, of course it was her, little miss perfect. I gave a small, forced smile. "I don't see why not, I'm lucky to have you as a best friend!" I said, forcing the words out.
-
He gave me a hopeful smile. "Never mind that, she's not here now, it's just me and you." He said happily. I gave a big smile, a real smile. "Boys!!!" Came a voice. It was Nicole. So we headed inside and met her happily. "Your father and I are going to buy some stuff for the house, so be good." She said, she then looked to Gumball. "Watch Anais!" He gave a groan but straightened up and agreed after she shot him a look.
-
We sat on the couch, Anais kept looking at me, I gave her a confused look. "Gumball, we're going to get a soda out of the kitchen!" She smiled grabbing my hand and pulling me into the kitchen. "Darwin." She whispered. "What Anais?" I questioned. "When are you confessing to Gumball?" Anais asked elbowing me. My face grew warm.
-
"I don't know... I mean he talked about Penny today...asking if I thought she liked him! I couldn't be rude so I said, 'I don't see why not.' So I don't know!" I whined. "You guys find your soda?" Gumball hollered from the living room. "Just looking for the right kind!!!" Anais yelled in reply. Gumball walked in and opened the fridge. "What kind?" He asked looking at us.
-
My hands began to sweat. "Dr. Pepper?" I asked nervously. He bent down, I couldn't help but stare. I ripped my eyes away as he got up and grabbed me my soda. "Thanks dude!" I said happily. "And you want...?" Gumball asked looking at Anais. She shoved herself past him and grabbed a Sprite. "I can do it myself." She said simply.
-
Gumball rolled his eyes and walked back into the living room. "Darwin! Do it soon, I'll talk to him tomorrow for you, I got you." She smiled looking at me. "Thank you!" I replied with a returned smile on my face.
----------------------------------------------
{ The Next Day }
-
I jumped out of my fish tank and hurriedly got ready for school, Anais was up, but Gumball wasn't. When I was dressed I poked his shoulder. "Gumball!" I whispered in his ear. Nothing. I gave a groan. He's adorable but yet very stubborn!!! I thought as I fluffed his hair. Nothing. I shook his shoulders. "G U M B A L L!!!" I said letter by letter. His eyes popped open. "Cool that you can spell!" He laughed. I gave a laugh and rolled my eyes. I let go of his shoulders and I began to tickle him. "H...Eeeeyyy!!!" He giggled as I tickled him.
-
He grabbed my hands and put them behind my back. "Got you." He smirked as he climbed out of bed and let go of my hands. He's really warm, like a heater! I thought as he let go, the warmth fading. "Now get ready you crazy cat!!!" I giggled as I ruffled his hair. Soft...So so so soft!!!
-
{ 45 Minutes Later... }
-
We stood at the bus stop, Anais, Gumball and I. Gumball was kicking pebbles around, leaving Anais to be beside me. "After school I'm talking to him!" She delightedly whispered as she elbowed me. I gave a smile. "You're a miracle worker!" I laughed, giddy with happiness. The bus arrived, Anais sat closer to the back, because she's a year ahead of us, school wise, but at home, she's just a smart 4 year old.
-
Gumball and I sat near the middle, we were making up jokes. "Why wouldn't the shrimp ever share?" He said stifling a giggle. "Why?" I laughed. "Because...HE'S SHELLFISH!!!" Gumball burst out laughing, I elbowed him and gave a laugh of my own. "That was terrible." He gave me a smile. "That's what makes it funny!"
-
"Darwin, since my jokes are sooooo awful, hit me with one!" He exaggerated but gave me a knowing smile. "Hmmmm." I said out loud, Gumball tapped my chin for me, which made me laugh and my cheeks went pink. "How does a train chew it's food?" I asked. Gumball rolled his eyes. "Hoooooow?" "It goes 'chew chew'!!!" I laughed, Gumball looked at me and giggled. "That's even worse!" He finally said.
-
"Hey!!!" I laughed in return to his joking comment. The bus suddenly came to a stop. We were at school. Soon we were inside the school, Ms. Simian had shot us mean looks as we entered the classroom.

-
{ blah blah blah, rest of the school day and whatever }
-
We hopped off the bus and walked inside, but Gumball told me to wait outside, so I sat on the steps. He emerged with a skateboard in hand. I gave a laugh. "You can skate?!" I asked laughing hysterically. He walked down to see me and frowned and looked upset. "Why exactly would you say that?" He asked sharply. My heart began to race. "...Sometimes you're a poser." I said slowly. He made faces at me in disbelief. "Guessing by your reaction you must know how!!!" I smiled.
-
He gave a grin. "You know it dude." He said walking. He led me to the mall, we got matching outfits which I thought was cute, but I never said anything. He tried to help me find a board, but they were so expensive! So I bought one from the dollar store. We went to the skate park. "Teach Me!!!" I eagerly said.
-
His forehead began to sweat. "S--Ure!" He stuttered. He showed me some random moves, I knew they weren't real... but I went with it. "I'm going to start skating! It won't be so bad!" I said giving Gumball a big smile. "Darwin w--" I cut him off as I started rolling down the hill. I felt like I was going to shoot off. "GUMBALL!!!!" I yelped flying down the hill. He looked at me and then at his board and nodded.
-
TO BE CONTINUED...