Chapter 3

Oaklyn's POV

Nothing has been happening for the past couple of days. My mother left two days ago to go look at our new little town, and I've been here, spending my time with Camryn. We binged Breaking Bad, and have been living off of smoothies and popcorn.

"Oaklyn!" I jumped off the couch at the screech of my name. Literally.

I ran into the kitchen to see Camryn jumping up and down excitedly. The concerned expression soon changed to confused.

"I have a really good idea!"

"Oh yay." I said in a sarcastic tone. "What is it?"

"Party!" She said

"Party? What about a party?"

"We should throw a send off party." She said, still jumping up and down.

"Camryn, you're my only friend. The rest of the student body here has no clue about my existence." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oaklyn come on! We have been potato's the past how many days now?" She protested. She was right. But I'm not budging.

"I don't want a party. I rather go off in peace."

"Jesus Oaklyn, I'm talking about a party not your funeral." I give her an eyeroll, and she threw one right back at me.

"No is no. Now c'mon, let's go find something else to binge."

I made my way back to the living room on the couch, but I didn't hear her behind me. Instead I heard the front door open then close. I got up from the couch and followed her.

"Where are you going?" I shouted from my front porch. I saw her get into her matte black Ferrari that she doesn't think is extra, but everyone else in town does.

"I'll be back later!" She shouted as she drove out of the drive way. I sighed. Only god knows what she's planning. Just like he's the only one who knows what I'm going to binge watch on Netflix next.

A couple hours later I get a text from Camryn saying I need to come over asap, and to wear something nice. Me being the clueless girl I am, I do as I'm told, and get ready after I get done packing up part of my room.

I pick out a plain black tank top, and high waisted jean shorts. My version of "nice" is anything that's not pajamas. I pull my long chocolate brown hair into a high ponytail since it was hot as hell today.

When I started driving down Cam's street my fear about tonight came true. I wasn't even to her house yet, but I could tell there was a party being thrown by how many cars her parked up and down her street.

There were teenagers all over the place outside so I can only imagine what inside looked like. I saw plenty of kids from school, kids that I don't talk to. One of them saw me, and yelled for Camryn telling her I arrived.

I pulled into her driveway, and she came running up to my navy blue jeep. "Hey! Surprise!" she yelled pulling me out of the car. Of course I received a hug that nearly killed me and everyone cheered.

"Camryn." I said in all seriousness. "I told you I didn't want a party."

"Oaklyn, when people say that, it's actually code for, please throw me a party" her words slurred only slightly and my eyes widened.

"Are you drunk?" I ask looking down at her empty solo cup.

"No! Maybe slightly buzzed, but I'm not drunk. C'mon Oaklyn, it's 9 o'clock at a party have some fun!" She pleaded. "I threw this just for you." her voice quieted, and she looked genuine.