Chapter 5

Oaklyn's POV

Moving day

All of our things were being moved into the U-Haul. I looked back at Camryn sitting one of the leftover boxes.

One of the moving guy's came up to her, "Miss? We're afraid you're going to have to get off that box." Camryn shook her head, and crossed her arms.

"No! I'm not moving!" She shouted, causing the other moving crew members to look over at them. I hurriedly walked over, "I'm sorry sir, I'll take care of this." He nodded, and walked away.

"Camryn, You need to get up." She shook her head even more.

"I have to leave. Trust me I don't like it either." I reach out to give her a hug, luckily she got up, and gave me another bone crushing hug, but I didn't mind. I saw one of the men quickly grab the box, and put it in the U-Haul.

When she let go and went back to sit down, she make contact with the driveway instead. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You tricked me!" She whined. I sat down next to her, and rested my head on her shoulder.

"We were both tricked, Cam." We sat there the whole time till my mom pulled up in the driveway.

"Honey it's time for us to go." my eye's immediately glossed, and I felt my hair getting damp.

We got up, and hugged one more, sobbing into one another's shoulder. My mom joined the hug, kissed our heads. "We should get going now, Oaklyn" I sigh, and nod, and walk to the car.

Once we're in the car I look forward to Camryn, looking like a lost puppy already waving goodbye. I fought back the tears waving goodbye as well. I soon see the U-Haul following us to our new home.

"Where are we going, Mom?" I asked

"I can't tell you that, it's a surprise." I sighed, and rolled my eye's irritated.

"You say that every time. Or that I will love it, which is almost never true." What was going on with me? When did I get so- so, bold?

Shocked at the words that flew from my mouth I looked at my mom, and gripped her forearm gently. "I'm sorry mom.." She nodded, her smile strianged.

"It's okay sweetie. I don't want to hurt you, anymore." I looked at her, confused.

"What are you saying?" I asked. Concern, and confusion spread across my face.

"I think this is going to be our last time moving for a while.." Her voice got quiet, my eyes got wide, and the silence swallowed me whole after that.

The whole car ride, including the pit stops. It was silent. The radio didn't help, the constant honking because of traffic didn't help, and the pitter patter of the rain on the windows on the roof of the car didn't help either.

"How much longer?" I asked, my voice small.

"Just a few more hours." She said, exhaustion evident in her voice.

"That's not what I meant, Mom." My voice not as small as before.

The silence started to fill the space between us before she gave me the answer I've been wanting to hear for so long, just not now. "Until you graduate."

I sucked in a breath, and held it tight. Just as I figured, the rest of the car ride was filled with heavy, awkward, silence. I kept feeling like I was going to throw up even though I barely ate anything since we left.

Eventually I fell asleep from the sound of the rain. When I woke up again it was all sunshine, and boxes piled up in the yard. I quickly sat up in my seat, and looked around. We were here. A few guys finished taking boxes out of the U-Haul, and setting them on the ground while my mother bossed them around.