A Weakness in His Own

-After Sebastian leaves, and Jim kicks everyone out-

{Thank you to _MinnieHolmes_ for the help!! This is primarily Mormor but the beginning and VERY end has some reference to Miniarty. Just a warning ⚠️
Another thank you to MoranSebastian for consent to publish.
NONE OF WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN SEB AND JIM IN ITALICS WAS IN ACTUAL RP. Just a clarification.}

He was alone- purely, truly alone, now. Sebastian ditched him, and he'd kicked everyone else out. Irene slapped him, and stormed out. Even Jane wouldn't talk to him- and that was something bad. They were always together, no matter what. So he knew she was furious with him, yet he couldn't bring himself to care. He couldn't bring himself to care about anything, because all he could feel was how isolated he was.
It was secondary school all over again, only this time, he didn't have Jane there to keep him going. He had CTV cameras of his girl- ex girlfriend, or as Sebastian had so poetically put it... his pregnant b*tch. Jim hadn't seen the problem- surely Sebastian had to have seen something along those lines coming. Things had been iffy when Minnie came into the picture, and Jim just wanted something, again. Something Sebastian and him had avoided for a long time, and seemed to have been avoiding, again. He may've been right there, but in every sense, Sebastian had left him... again.
But then there was Minnie. Things were very whirlwind- for a while. And then they weren't. She went with him to Ireland for his annual trip, and they had a great time. He avoided the cemetery... then again, he usually did.
Instead of random periods of drinking and angry sex, some petty crime and drugs with his bodyguard, there was adventures to his old school yard, the nice little library on South, and, yes, a pub. But there wasn't drowning himself to forget. No, it felt... good to remember. The things he'd buried inside him- the building blocks of his psychopathy, just crumbled. Random moments of shared stories- usually with Minnie starting and Jim suddenly spilling some sort of repressed memory. Eventually, they'd even made it to the school's pool.

"You look upset." Her voice was so casual. He could never come here with Sebastian- he would downright refuse to even come to the school, much less here.
"I suppose." His hand was around the small bound of dog tags in his pocket, gripping for dear life. Just because he was upset with Sebastian didn't mean he wasn't important to him. In his own special, insane way he loved Sebastian...
"May I ask why?" She said carefully, blue eyes boring into him like she could read the story straight off his soul. He could still see Carl and his stupid friends throwing him in. Watching him struggle before sinking below the surface. His only friend in the world, watching him drown. And laughing at it.
"Me and Carl had been friends, once." He admitted, a surprise to Minnie.
"Isn't that-"
"He's the boy I killed when I was 11." And from there, the entire story spilled, and he barely could even tell why.

The moment his "confessional" was over, he'd wondered why Minnie was so easy for him to talk to. He wasn't stupid- he was quick to realize that, despite Sebastian being very damaged, Minnie was more open about hers. Every time she shared a small bit of history with him, he felt the need to reciprocate the action.
She'd tell him how they'd knock her lunch tray from her hands- and he'd shown her the still blood-stained slab of concrete, where they'd nearly knocked him unconscious on the lunch counter.
How she hid in the bathroom so she didn't have to hear their taunting. He showed her his carving of "the idiots", as he'd aptly titled it in the first stall.
The way her eyes narrowed on the desks, and soon her tracing the word "FREAK" along the wood surface. He could figure it out without her saying the words. "One time they cuffed me to my desk... Daniel's pops was a cop." He even showed her the marks from his attempted escape. She'd thought it was horrible... and hugged him.
It was just... effortless to share these things with Minnie. And he wasn't sure whether he missed her or the emotional outlet. But the second didn't explain the want- no, need to see her smile.
But he couldn't do it. He couldn't have anyone around when Sebastian was gone- his mind didn't work that way. It sounded much more dependent than he wished it was. After all, Sebastian was... well, there wasn't quite a word for what they were. Sometimes they seemed almost domestic- others everything was purely sexual. It seemed to change based on the star alignments, and whether or not one of them had recently petted a chicken, or not... don't ask.
Jim didn't really mind either arrangement. Though, he preferred their domestic moments, it made him feel like he was actually worth something other than a brilliant mind. He wasn't saying he didn't greatly appreciate their sexual moments. He lived for them- they were... more than he could ask for. They were beyond wonderful. But that's all they were- sex. There was nothing sweet about these acts, and he enjoyed that, but there was nothing after, either. Well... usually.