Cafe

Ally was surprised that Bethany hadn't cornered Ally in the building, the next day, to ask about her date. But then again, she had probably asked Nathan about it, since he'd be more forthcoming.

Ally groaned. She must've jinxed herself, because there was Bethany, walking in with none other than Nathan into the cafe where Ally worked.

"Ally," Bethany said, raising an eyebrow up at  her. Nathan hadn't followed Bethany to the counter; he was at a table over by the windows. "He doesn't know you work here. But, maybe I should tell him..."  Bethany said to Ally. "Oh, and I want a half caff mochaccino, no whip and a poppy-seed muffin." Of course Bethany was going to play up to her good-girl/ rich-girl stereotype. Bethany looked over to Nathan, and motioned him over. "Look who I found."

Nathan's eyes widened. "Ally? You work here?" He slowly smiled at her, and Bethany's expression started to looked confused, then frustrated.

Ally smiled. "Yep. now my secret is out. I work for this cafe. Oh, and I get employee discounts here, too."

Nathan laughed, and she saw Bethany roll her eyes. "Really? Maybe you could get me a discount."

Before Ally could retort something back, Bethany interrupted. "Well, as much fun as this conversation is, we're kind of in a hurry, so I'm going to need my drink and muffin."

Ally rolled her eyes, but got immediately to it, because she wouldn't doubt that Bethany would tell Ally's manager.

When Ally finished ringing up the price, Nathan called her attention to him again. "What time do you get off?" He asked her.

"Um..." She looked over at the clock across the room. Should she tell him when she was really getting off, or lie? "In about an hour." The truth, it was.

Nathan smiled. "Okay, I'll pick you up then." Before Bethany could pay for her stuff, Nathan pulled out his wallet, and paid, giving Ally an extra fifteen dollar tip. "See you in an hour."

After Nathan and Bethany left the line, a girl that Ally remembered vaguely from the college stepped up next. "Are you going out with him? Cause he is hot.

Ally just smiled. Maybe this month would be easy.

                         ____________________________________________________

Just as Ally walked out the back door of the cafe, Daniel Jostens accosted her, by pulling her towards him, and into a deserted alleyway.

"Did you tell Jamie about us?" He looked angry. His eyes were red and he looked and smelled like a raging drunk.

She pulled away from him, and massaged the wrist that he had had in his unforgiving grip. "I didn't do it on purpose. Besides, I didn't even know you had a girlfriend. I don't help guys cheat. Not purposely, at least. So, I think you got what you deserved if she slapped you. You two probably made it up, anyway."

Daniel steadily walked closer towards her, his nostrils flared. "You bitch! Our families were supposed to become combined by us. Me and Jamie. You freakin' screwed that up!" By the time he raised his hand to her, Ally had figured out how serious this was becoming. 

She started to slowly back away, but each step she took back Daniel took a step closer. When his hand started to swing in a downward arc, Ally was pushed away, suddenly from the side.

"Don't. You. Dare." She heard a male voice say.

She looked up and saw Nathan. "Nathan? What are you--"

Nathan didn't glance at her. "Ally, back away, and go get in my car." He tossed her the keys without once looking towards her.

She did exactly as he said (though it rubbed on her nerves). A few minutes later, she watched as he walked calmly out of the alley and got into his car. She didn't say anything for several minutes.

Nathan calmly said, as he rolled down the car windows. "So, what do you want to do?"

He had gotten over it without asking her what she had gotten herself into like most other people would have done.

Doing the thing she was about to do next would have killed her a week before, but she would do it now for the person who had helped her with no questions asked.

"Pull over." She told him. He looked at her strangely, but did it anyway. Before he could ask her anything, she tugged his face towards her, and kissed him, not going any farther than just a kiss. "Thank you... Thank you."

                              ____________________________________________________

I hope you liked it! The first take of it was horribly typed, and it was brought to my attention, so I re-edited it.

Remember to:

FAN...............................VOTE...............................COMMENT

(only if you liked it)