6

It had been awhile since the first time Prince came to my room to see me paint, most of the time I had no idea why he found them so impressive. They were just paintings to me

Every time he comes it feels a little different, even though it's the same routine every Tuesday, (minus the singing, stopped that awhile ago)

I feel like I might be crushing on him. Only a bit, but he more I think about it, the more I feel it doesn't make sense. It seems unusual for soft, good emotion to like a bad one. Pretty unheard of.

That's because you're a freak and literally no other side really likes you.

Nope, these thoughts left my mind awhile ago

I came back, it's because you need to wake up from your little dreamer's sleep.

I'm not dreaming, that's not true

Keep telling yourself that Virgil, Prince doesn't even think your paintings are good

Than why the hell does he always compliment them whenever I finish?

Prince is just tying to be nice, he feels bad for you. He's going to tell your secret to the others soon, he's just trying to gain your trust.

No, Prince wouldn't do that, he's not mean, he's honest and a decent guy.

You do realize he's the one side that is a good actor, he's the one that helps fuel Thomas' passion for acting and theater...

Well now that you mention it, you might be a little right...

That's because I am right

Then what should I do? What if Prince is lying?

What you've always done...push him away, build a wall around yourself, Prince can't hurt you that way.

Are you sure he's actually lying?

Of course I am, every time I've helped you, you've avoided being hurt.

That's kinda true I guess...

That's because it is, just avoid Prince, and when he comes to your room on Tuesdays, just paint, but ignore him. Only talk to him if you need to.

Okay, thanks Blurry

You're very fucking welcome Virgil.

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear a knock on my door, I stand up, already knowing it was Prince. "Hi Anxiety!" He says cheerfully, I go to my desk immediately after letting him in.

His bright smile dims, slowly turning into a frown "Are you okay?" He asks, and I almost hear concern in his voice. I shake my head and I remember what Blurry told me.

Prince is lying, Blurryface told you, and he always tells the truth

I nod, and grab my stuff, putting it on the desk to begin. Prince seemed confused, hurt almost. But I try not to let that bother me.

What you've always done...push him away, build a wall around yourself, Prince can't hurt you that way.

||Prince's P.O.V||

I was really confused. Why was Anxiety all off the sudden so cold towards me? He trusted us, he just last video he literally revealed his real name. So why all of a sudden did he go back to his old attitude?

I think of a couple possibilities, he could be sick, or tired, maybe just in a bad mood. Or maybe...something is bothering him. Yeah, that's it! He only really ignores everyone when he's upset about something.

But what could be upsetting him? Did another one of his favorite emo bands break up? Did he get upset because of something someone said? Did I say something that upset him?

I finally speak "Anxiety, are you okay?" I ask, he looks up from his painting, then quickly shrugs and goes back to painting. I take the paint brush from his hand. Big mistake.

He looks at me, then at the paint brush. I can tell he's angry. "Give it back, I need it to finish this" I roll my eyes "You have other paint brushes you can use" He reaches for it. Considering we are basically the same height, I find his struggling kind of amusing.

"No, not this one, this brush set was hard to find, and they were not cheap" I shrug "Tell me what's wrong then" I say and his expression changes "Nothings wrong, now give me the brush"

"No, I know something is going on and I'm not going to give this back until you tell me" Anxiety jumps up to grab it from my hand again, this makes me lose my balance and we both fall back.

I laugh, then I realize he is on top of me, I blush and nervously laugh for a sec. Anxiety smirks and seems to lean in then...

He snatches the brush from my hand.

Goddamnit