Chapter 32

Carflo's POV

I woke up to a harsh wind howling in my ear, and I was immediately up and alert, knowing where we were.

My eyes shot open to see the gigantic tornado that was dangerously near our sleeping group.

I leaped to my feet, rushing over to Valerie and shaking her awake urgently. She was up in an instant, being the light sleeper she was.

She immediately understood the situation, and we busied ourselves with hurriedly waking the others.

Valerie started waking Kaili, and I shook Cyanide to get him up, then Chris, yelling over the fierce winds for them to get up.

The tornado had gotten closer, to where I could barely see because of the darkness. We rushed to our dinos and rode away quickly. As soon as we were a safe distance away from the raging winds, I turned my Chewy around so I could see everyone else.

To my immediate surprise, I only saw Chris and Spikey, and Winter. I went ahead and assumed that Valerie had gotten Kaili and herself out of there. Despite this, worry still gnawed at me.

"I can't see Cyanide, maybe its just Winter's head in the way. And I'm going to assume that Valerie got Kaili out." I voiced my thoughts to Chris, who nodded.

Winter turned slightly, revealing empty air where Cyanide should be. Chris immediately began to freak out.

"He's still sleeping! He's still sleeping! We gotta go wake him up! I'm going!"
He screamed at me, leaping off his dino and beginning to run back towards the tornado.

"Wait! You're being an idiot! If you go there you'll die!" I yelled to him.

"Look... We might be too late! Look how dark it is over there. Look where we stayed, its all destroyed! There's almost no chance he's still alive..." I said solemnly.

He then turned on me, fury and hatred shining clear in his eyes.

"You didn't wake him up! Why didn't you wake him up?! WHY didn't you wake him up!?! What are we gonna do?" He shrieked angrily. My face was turned away from him, watching the storm, so I didn't see the fist flying towards me until it connected with my jaw.

I staggered slightly, then turned to face him. The anger in my eyes could rival his own.

"What are we gonna do about Winter?!" he yelled, half frantic, half angry.

"Well... I know one thing..." I notched an arrow in my bow, aiming said bow at Winter. We would need some meat for breakfast later.

"No! What are you doing? I'm going to kill you!!" He forcefully shoved me again, and by now I had drawn my sword to fight back. I wasn't going to let some human I met push me around.

"I'm serious- I don't care about your stupid sword!! We just left my friend behind! I don't care! What are you gonna do with your sword? If you were gonna go something you would've done it a long time ago!"

He bellowed, all his worry for his friend and his anger towards me shining through.

I turned away from Chris, and called for my dinosaur.

"Chewy. Chewy." I got his attention and strode over to him, hopping onto his back.

"I don't care! I'll wreck your Chewy, Cyanide's gone! We need to find him!" Chris called out to me.

"Well, we should just search for him in the morning. Just calm down and shut up!" I yell towards him.

The howling of the wind had gotten much louder.