Chapter 35

Hi loves! Sorry for the long wait once again, but I've prepared a super long chapter for you. I hope you enjoy! Have a great day, cookies for all!!!🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

~chu~

~Mari

Carflo's POV

As the morning sun peeked its head over the horizon to greet the moon, arguing was audible throughout the entire village. I groaned in annoyance and stomped out of the hut I was in, where I had been setting up the surprise Odie had insisted on.

I made my way over to the campfire, where the trio sat and were talking. I paused as I rounded the corner of the main house, eavesdropping slightly. Valerie ghosted up behind me, tapping my hand twice to let me know she was there.

I nodded, and we continued to listen in.

"Man, it's kinda nice is all I'm saying. I just had a random thought that it was nice here and if this was a different situation I might like to stay. Calm down!" Cyanide defends himself.

"You are out of your mind if you want to stay here. We are only here, because we are trying to get OUT of here." Chris said, angrily.

"But it's nice-I know, we're trying to get home, but still-" Cyanide tries to stop Chris from interrupting him, but to no avail.

"We touched that device that brought us here, now we need to go find it so it can take us home." Chris ranted.

"I know- I was just saying though, jeez! Oh my god, you are freaking impossible!" Cyanide could barely get in a word edgewise.

"I can't believe you actually want to stay here!" Chris exclaimed once again. Both of their voices were rising in volume.

"Tell him Kaili!" Chris turns to her.

"I'm going to stay out of this one..." Kaili says, and shoots a look in our general direction. We've been caught in the act of eavesdropping. I decide its time we stop hiding, so I tap Valerie's hand and take a few steps forward.

We approach them from behind, staying silent.

"Golly, you're go grumpy this morning." Cyanide muttered, looking away.

"Don't even think about staying here for a minute." Chris reiterated his point.

They stood up and stretched, turning away from the fire.

"I don't even..." Chris said under his breath. They saw Valerie and I standing a few feet away, watching them.

"Whoah! How long were you there? You freaking scared me, man. Don't do that!" Cyanide exclaimed in surprise.

"What's with all the arguing this morning? You've gone and woken up half the village with your bickering." I say to them.

"This guy-" Chris started, jabbing his thumb as Cyanide.

"He wants to stay here, and you're supposed to take us to the device that's gonna take us home!" He shoots a glare at Cyanide, but then aggressively rubs his eyes tiredly.

"We are taking you to the device." Valerie intercepts.

"Okay, then lets go." Chris says.

"And why do you want to stay?" I turn to Cyanide and question him.

"I don't, I just-" Chris cut Cyanide off.

"He does NOT want to stay! He doesn't want to stay! Nope Nope Nope!" Chris says loudly, speaking over Cyanide's attempts at getting a word in.