{0.6}

Spider-Man. I didn't understand how no one knew who he was. He had the wit, the charm, the humor, how can someone who is so unique and so close be so hard to find? I wasn't going to become a crazy fangirl, I was just... intrigued by him. I couldn't tell anyone about our encounter because it just wouldn't feel right. It wouldn't feel right exposing that kind of information.

          I didn't know why I was so protective of it, I just didn't feel like it was the right thing to do. Besides, I kind of just wanted it to be my secret. Something I can smile to myself about and no one would know why. I'd always loved those kinds of secrets. Something that made me think to myself; ha, only if you knew. 

          I was sat on the bus, only partially listening to something Mary Jane was rambling about. I was only picking up key words and phrases but my mind was completely somewhere else. Tom and Charlie thought it would be best to take a few days off school to 'lay on the low', as Principal Daivs explained, so I had no one to walk me to my classes, Charlie, and no one to pay for my lunch, Tom.

          "Are you even listening to me?" Mary Jane asked and I looked her directly in the eyes, nodding and humming. "What was I just talking about?"

          "English assignment. Has high hopes for it. Think Miss. Plover will like it," I stated, listing the only things I heard her say. Mary Jane stared at me blankly and I just blinked. "Was that wrong?"

          "No, but I get the feeling your ears were listening but your mind was elsewhere," Mary Jane squinted her eyes at me, trying to figure me out. I smiled at her and she started laughing. "God, I know you too well already."

          "Anyway, where's Gwen?" I asked her after we both stopped laughing. "She doesn't seem like the kind of person to miss the bus. Or anything as a matter of fact."

          "I think she said something about her Dad driving her to school because it's on the way to somewhere he's going to a meeting or something like that," Mary Jane shrugged, checking her texts. "Yeah, she said she's already there waiting for us."

          "Sweet," I smiled, brightly. Something about my mood had changed in the past twelve hours. I didn't know whether it was because I wanted to put up a front from what happened the previous night with my dad or whether I felt a lot safer in Queens with Spider-Man around.

***

         "So, basically, Flash is having a party tomorrow night and I was hoping to go but he's a bit of a dick so won't invite me," Gwen told Mary Jane and me, not that we even cared. A party just wasn't really my scene and Mary Jane would've just preferred to stay in and read a book or have a movie night. "So, I was hoping someone would jump in and maybe, possibly guilt trip him into inviting the three of us."

          Again, I wasn't really paying attention so when the two went quiet, I snapped back into reality and saw Gwen and Mary Jane looking at me in hope. My brain then processed what Gwen had said and I shook my head. "Oh no, you're not getting me to do this," I scoffed, getting text books from my locker. 

          "Please, Josie, I will literally do your homework for you for like a month," Gwen begged. "Mary Jane and I need a hot guy to come into the picture and a party is the best opportunity."

          "And what about me?" I asked the two, "What about my hot guy that needs to come into my picture; which, by the way, is looking kind of dull and boring right now."

          "They'll be loads of hot guys there, like the whole basketball team," Mary Jane told me, making me reconsider. I sighed, staring at the pair with my eyelids slit. "Please?"