{0.8}

We arrived at the party, meeting Mary Jane there after being forty-five minutes late. Before we found Mary Jane, we bumped into MJ, at the refreshments table. I smiled at her and she furrowed her brows at me. "Why are you two even at this loser party?"

   "Why are you here, if it's a 'loser party'," Gwen questioned, getting genuinely confused, shaking her head slightly.

   "Am I?" MJ replied before slowly walking away, biting into some food she had just picked up. Gwen squinted her eyes at me like she usually does when she's confused, so I had to explain to her. "MJ is a bit of an outsider like what I used to be, and it's just her personality to be sarcastic, I guess," I shrugged, not really knowing myself. I barely knew her so I kind of had to guess with my good sense of judgment.

   "Where have you guys been?" Mary Jane exclaimed, pushing through the crowd and finding us stood at the table. "I've literally been stood here for forty-five minutes waiting for you guys to show up, and I've literally been sat here, not talking to anyone because I don't know anyone."

   "Wait, were you sat or stood?" Gwen asked, trying to annoy her. When Mary Jane didn't answer, the two of us just laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

   "Come on, let's go have fun," I chuckled, taking Mary Jane by the hand and dragging her into the garden, where the dance floor was supposed to be. I hadn't had that much fun in years. I hadn't had that much fun in ever. The three of us were dancing when I bumped into someone. I turned around to see who I bumped into and I saw Flash, doing the same. "Hey Flash, thanks for inviting us, we're having a good time, it's a great party."

   "One, didn't invite you, two, it's fine, you're welcome," he joked around. I made an obvious fake laugh, which made us both laugh more. "Sorry for what I said about you the other day," He mentioned, out of the blue. I just stared and blinked at him blankly. "Your brothers heard it wrong and got the wrong end of the stick, I didn't mean it in the way they thought."

   "Flash, we've been through this, I said it's fine," I smiled, tightly, not bothering about what he said, in whatever context he meant it. I did have Daddy Issues and everyone knew it but didn't want to mention anything and say the wrong thing. "Look, I'll see you around. Thanks again." I smiled again before turning back to Gwen and Mary Jane. 

   "What's the deal with you and Flash?" Mary Jane said, in a suggesting tone and wiggling her eyebrows at me.

   "Nothing, we're just friends," I laughed before my laughing was cut short when I spotted Tom, walking into the room, looking around. "Shit!" I darted through another door, into the kitchen. 

   "Josie? What the hell was that?" Mary Jane furrowed her brows.

   "Tom is here," I mentally cursed. Mary Jane just replied with a simple, "so?" I knitted my brows together and widened my eyes at her. "We kind of had a fight earlier and I lied, telling him I wasn't coming here, I was helping Gwen study. If he sees me here, he will totally tell my Dad and he will - ground my ass!" I said, almost telling them something I didn't want them knowing.

   "Will that mean Charlie is here, too?" Gwen questioned, not being her usual self, but in a helping way. It was like she was being a best friend in a movie. I just shrugged and ran again when I saw Tom heading in our direction. He didn't see us, but it was a close call. I ran upstairs and locked the three of us in a bathroom. "Jo, you need to calm down, this is a chance to make it up with him. Just wait till he's got a few drinks down his neck and then you can be friends again."

   "He's probably only here to see if I'm here, it's something he'd do," I explained, grumbling into my hands. "He's looking for me and he's not going to stop until he finds me."