0.1

—A New School

Moving to a completely different city in the middle of sophomore year in High School is probably every teenager's nightmare. Leaving your entire life behind along with your friends and your teachers, is something that Jimin would never wish upon anybody else.

His mum and dad decided to move away from Busan after getting offered a higher position at one of the top hospitals in Seoul, and although he was already sixteen and the only child, he still didn't have a say in the move.

His dad apologized for making him move so far away from Busan, he tried cheering him up by telling him that he would meet new people and even tried to make up for it by saying he would even pay for private dance lessons.

Although he was still pretty upset, he still tried to stay positive, he tried rehearsing the way he would introduce himself to the classrooms, and what type of front he should put up to be liked by everyone.

At his old school, he was pretty popular. For his entire freshman year and part of his sophomore year he dated the charming Park Chanyeol, who was popular among the entire student body for being a straight A student, and still being crazy talented in the music department. They were the power couple of the school, everyone wanted to befriend them, and nobody dared to ever come in between.

That is until Chanyeol had to transfer schools and they had to break it off because they didn't want to hold each other down. They ended things nicely, Jimin still talks to him through Facebook and neither one hold any grudges against each other.

Jimin knows he has a very likable personality, and he's not very worried about making friends. The thing he is worried about, is how they would react if they found out that he was very, very gay. Ever since he was a little boy, he knew he was a little different. Though he still played with toy cars and liked playing rough with his little cousins, he never once showed any type of interest in girls.

At the age of fourteen, he had his first conversation with his mom. It was after he was forced to take a sex ed class in school. His question to her was, "Will I still need to follow those same steps even if I don't do it with a girl?", his mom was a little confused and asked him to please explain what he meant, and when he told her that he didn't look at girls the way other boys did, she finally understood.

To answer his question, she told him that yes, he still needed to use protection if he were to get intimate with anyone, be it a boy or a girl. Jimin was very happy to know that his mom didn't change the way she acted around him just because he liked boys.

A few weeks after coming out to his mom, he decided to come out to his dad. He was a nervous wreck, all to find out that his dad already knew. Apparently, his mom just couldn't stay quiet and talked to him about it about a week prior. Jimin felt relieved when his dad told him he loved him regardless of his sexuality, and hugged it out afterwards.

Anyways, another thing he disliked was the stupid maroon uniform he was required to wear every day. When he went to enroll to the new school, the principal told his mom that he was to wear the uniform Monday through Thursday, and on Fridays he would be allowed to wear anything he wanted as long as it was within the dress code of the school. He was told that he needed to stop by the office and get his schedule along with his locker number and combination on his first day.

The black Mercedes comes to a sudden halt in front of the High School main entrance. He takes a quick peek through the tinted window and sees the sea of students hanging out in the front garden, while other cars drop of their kids.

"Go on sweetie, you don't want to be late on your first day, do you?" His mom smiles at him, her small brown eyes turning into small crescents, "If you need any help just go to the office and get someone to help you out."

"Okay," he mumbles under his breath.

He's not nervous, he's just still upset because of the move.

"I'll come pick you up when school's over," smiling, she pulls out her wallet from her purse and hands him three 10,000 won notes, she tells him that it's for his lunch just in case they charge.

He smiles warmly at her and reaches over to grab only two of the notes, "I don't think I need that much mom, but thank you." He bends over the seat and kisses her cheek before pulling the door handle and stepping outside.

"I'll see you later mom," he waves at her and when he sees her roll up the window, he turns on his heel and heads for the front door.

As he walks through the flooded halls, he can't help comparing it to his other school. It looks older, and less taken care of. There's a lot of people who look like gangters and Jimin starts feeling a little overwhelmed. He gulps when he walks near a group of guys who stare at him like if they want to hurt him. He tries to hurry up and walk away, until he makes it to the office and asks for his schedule.

The lady at the front desk tells him to hold on a moment, that the principal wanted to have a word with him before he was sent off to his first class of the day, but apparently he was busy and had to take care of some business with a problematic student.

Jimin takes a seat on a chair outside of the principal's office and patiently waits. He pulls out his cellphone to kill some time when suddenly the door is pushed open violently.

"MIN YOONGI! I don't want to see you back in my office any time soon or else you will be expelled!" The angry voice of the principal startles Jimin, his head bolts up in the direction of the person being scolded and he comes across with a damaged mop of mint colored hair and a guy with a bored expression on his face.

"Whatever old man," he waves him off and is out of the office in seconds.

The principal sighs and looks over to him, a smile soon replaces the frown he was carrying, "You must be Jimin," he says and Jimin stands up, nodding, "Now you stay away from guys like him, okay?" Jimin nods yet again because he really, really doesn't want anything to do with a guy like that.