That fateful night: part 2

I woke up to the familiar jingle of my alarm blaring on my phone

I woke up to the familiar jingle of my alarm blaring on my phone. My arm automatically reached right to snooze it on the side table – only to smack against the bottom of a ceramic... thing.

"Ow," I whisper, delirious. I rub my eyes and blink a few times to realize that I am sitting on the white-tiled floor of a bathroom. Next to a toilet. With a white porcelain sink a bit above me to my right. My phone was still blaring, vibrating in my lap.

'13 hours till wedding!'

I snooze it; squinting to read from the harsh light emitting from the screen. 12 missed calls from Ruby. 5 missed calls from mom.

Ignoring this, I try getting up without making my head explode. It seems that every little movement makes the heartbeat in my head thump faster. Using the sink to help pull me up, blinking, I focused on the white tiles. They had blue trims. Once my senses sharpened I realized that I was in the bathroom of a hotel – the tiny hotel soap and shampoo bottles told me so. Who thinks of the name 'Twin Sword Resort'?

I wanted to cry at my reflection: my hair a complete tangled mess, what was left of my eyeliner down to my cheeks, I can only imagine the state of my breath. I should probably call Ruby and ask her to pick – oh.

There is a golden ring on my ring finger.

Oh.

How did that get there?

I tried to calm my racing heartbeat – I was clearly very wasted; I might have just ordered it for myself or something. No way can it be what I think it is.

A male voice from outside: "Hello?"

I felt the bile travel up my throat.

Oh no.

I crouched onto the open toilet and hurled last night's martinis out.

I saw bare feet enter the bathroom in my peripheral vision. "Um," he said, walking very loudly towards me.

I probably looked like the 'my precious' Gollum meme with my current state, bent over the porcelain flush. But I threw caution to the wind and snuck a peek at him.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked, extending a hand to help pick me up.

I took one look at his matching gold ring and turned to the toilet to resume throwing up.

***

So this is how they met sober. Hah, wonder what it must have been like when they were completely out of it! Guess we'll never know. Also, I made a small edit on the top - only I imagine Ashlynn would be wearing something fancier than a plain t-shit to her bachelorette party. Still not that good at editing: imagine it, people.

Lets do this classic-youtuber style: Hope you liked this little update and if you did don't forget to give it a vote! Or leave a comment, until next week!

Keep smiling,

Vikky.