That fateful night: part 3

God lord why have I somehow ended up with one of those annoying clam people.

After taking turns throwing up, we stumbled into the hotel suite – me pacing on the carpet, and him casually laying on his back on the master bed. With his hands behind his head. Lounging like he was on a vacation. Humming.

His serene silence was making me pace faster.

"Pacing won't change anything you know," he says.

That's it. He's a serial killer and he's going to kill me. I try to continue pacing normally while I plan my escape route, but my footsteps falter. I trip over air when I realize I have a phone in the back pocket of my jeans and can easily call for help. Or scream. Or both.

I glare at the discarded wine glass on the floor; it's the most random thing to make me trip.

He looks at me, and once seeing I'm not injured, he looks back at the celling, "If we stay still and let our heads think, we can come up with a solution to fix this,"

Maybe calling for help won't be necessary.

I throw my hands in the air. Like a tickking time bomb, I explode: "I'm engaged! I need to get to my wedding!"

He shoots up, suddenly alert. "What? When is your wedding?"

"Tonight," I say, blinking back the distressed tears. I was getting married to a stranger tonight, but at least I knew his name. I got married to the wrong stranger instead.

When I look up I see him rubbing the back of his neck, looking at the blue comforter on the bed. I get a sudden wave of guilt for the poor guy – he was probably just as freaked out as I was, even if he wasn't showing it.

"I'm sorry," I say.

He looks at me like I've lost it. I think I have. "You're sorry? If anyone; I should be apologizing - to you and your family! Do you know what I'll have to face? A very angry groom."

I roll my eyes at the thought of Alex pretending to get mad. But that made my headache worse, so I look up to him, realizing I don't have my purse or keys, and asked: "Hey, uh..."

"Daniel," he fills in. He looks like he almost wants to laugh.

"Daniel. I'm Ashlynn. Uh, do you think you can drop me off to my apartment?"

He raises his eyebrows a bit before replying, "...Sure?"

***
Late update, but a picture of Kyra attached above! SHE'S SO PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL OMG.
Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!
Keep smiling,
Vikky.