Chapter Twelve

Kennedy snuggles in closer to me, one of her legs lazily draped over mine and her head nuzzled into my chest. It's three in the morning, and I randomly woke up because I can't get what Scooter said to me out of my head no matter how hard I try.

"There will be major consequences,"

What in the hell does that mean? I feel like a girl right now, overthinking things so hard that it wakes me up from my sleep- no offense to girls though. Needless to say, it's creeping the shit out of me. I don't know what the so called consequence is, and that's what scares me. It can be anything, and I surely won't be prepared for whatever it is.

"Go to sleep."

I look down at Kennedy as she yawns lightly into my chest, leaning back from my chest a bit but keeping her legs on top of mine as she looks at me with a tired expression. "Why are you still up?" She mumbles, wiping her eyes. "I don't know. I'm thinking." She nods with another yawn and looks at the digital clock on the dresser. "Three in the morning!" She exclaims in a whisper, looking over at me with shock. "Hell no, I refuse to be up at this time." She looks at me with a surprised look while she pushes her hair away from her face. "How long have you been up?" She asks me.

"Not too long, I randomly woke up a few minutes ago." Kennedy nods again, flipping her pillow over to the colder side. I can't help but to smile at how cute she is when she's tired, when suddenly a thought dawns on me. "Hey," I get her attention and let the smirk find a way on my face. "How'd you know I wasn't sleeping?"

I know exactly how she knows-- my arms weren't wrapped tightly around her. Kennedy looks away from me and shrugs, she's probably blushing. "I just guessed."

"Or," I drag out the word, leaning down closer to her ear. "Or, because my arms weren't around you as usual, huh baby?"

"No..." She mumbles, turning away from me and stuffing her face in a pillow. "It's okay, I know you like when I do it, all you have to do is ask." I tease, wanting her to ask me herself. "I don't need to ask you because I don't want you to have your arms around me. This has to be the longest time you've gone without touching me." I laugh at that. She's right. "Okay, since you don't need my amazing, magical arms around you, good night." I smirk over at her, turning over to my other side.

"Justin." She mumbles, literally five minutes after I fall asleep. I turn over to her, "Yes?"

"Can you..." She gestures to my arms, indicating that she wants my arms around her. But, I shake my head, looking down at her. "Can I what?"

"Justin," She whines, pouting her bottom lip at me. "Kennedy," I mock her, running a hand through my hair. "Fine." She rolls her eyes and slides her arms around my torso. Why does she have to be so cute? "Can you wrap your arms around me?" I immediately wrap my arms around her tightly, bringing her closer to me. "Thank you." She says into my chest, falling asleep moments after. "No problem, princess." I smile and snuggle my head into her hair.

"Justin, go get your hair fixed!" Alison exclaims from the other side of the arena, pointing over to the hair and make up room. It's just the name of the room I detest. I don't do make up, come on. I'm a boy. "Go get your face fixed!" I fire back with a grin, leaning back once she flings a water bottle at me. "You little brat." She groans in exasperation.

"I get that a lot." I smile widely and Alison rolls her eyes. "Hurry up, I even got Kennedy to sit in there with you so you'll stay still for once." It's Tuesday night, my concert just ended and I need to go to hair and make up. But, on my behalf, who would stay still? Hands all over your hair and commands that tell you where and when to turn your head, pretty sure you wouldn't sit still either.