Chapter Fifteen

A few days after our kiss, two to be exact, Kennedy is being very distant to me, it couldn't be because of Scooter because we decided long ago that he couldn't decide our relationship for us but, what's wrong with her? Even when I try talking to her about it, she always seems to find a way out of the conversation. But what counts is that she knows how I feel about the situation, one thing that I love about Kennedy is that she hates having problems unsolved.

Other than that, yes yes yes. I fucking kissed her, finally. Patience really is a virtue or else I would've never kissed her and who would've wanted that?

Anyone with eyes would know that the answer to that question is obviously not me.

Also, Cody is gone, that's one thing out of the way, not that I ever saw him as a problem, just a distraction. "Babyyy," I drawl, making sure to speak in a quiet tone only for the ears of Kennedy to hear.

She reaches into her pocket and takes out her phone, seeming that she's about to use her phone when she turns to me with raised eyebrows. "What?" She mumbles, stepping closer to me.

"What's wrong?" Probably the millionth time I've repeated that question over the course of these past days.

"I already told you, nothing," she sighs. "We'll talk on the bus." I'm not even looking at her while she speaks. I'm looking at her lips. I wouldn't mind kissing her one time. Right here. Now.

"I don't wanna talk on the bus." I mumble, looking into her eyes.

She exhales deeply as she drags her tongue along her bottom lip, thinking to herself. "You'll have to wait, sorry." She gives me that sultry look she always does without even trying. I feel my pants getting tight. "Damn, I hate you right now." I breathe, pulling my pants back so that they don't stick. She laughs quietly, holding a hand over her mouth as she gazes down at my bulge then back at me, "Wow." Is what she says along with a marveled expression.

"Don't 'wow' me. You did this, you should actually be the one fixing it." I groan, tugging my pants away from the now extremely tight spot in my pants. "The girls are coming over, act natural." Kennedy nudges me, aiming right for my crotch. "Fuck babe, not the right place right now."

"Oh, my God, sorry, Justin." She nearly panics as the girls approach us, I stand behind her just to hide my pants. "Hey cuties!" Mia winks at us, looking between Kennedy and I.

"Hey Mia, hey girls." Olivia sort of smirks at me, this is the first time I've ever noticed her so I look away, listening into their conversation. As soon as they're done talking, Carly comes in. I see Kennedy's face harden and she steps back. "Justin, let's go back over to my dad now." She mumbles, holding on to my arm. Shooting my eyebrows up, I give her a perplexed look. "Why? What's wrong?" Maybe this is where she gives me the answer to my question because seriously, I need to know.

She shakes her head, peering up at me through her eyelashes. "Let's. Go." She repeats, this time more rushed. Well, no adult is in here right now so, whatever. I reach down and grip her hand, guiding her to another side of the room. I lean against a wall and wrap both of my arms around her, pressing my forehead against hers. "Justin..." She closes her eyes, relaxing when I run my fingers up and down her hips slightly.

"You need to tell me what's up, baby. Do I have to kiss you?" I joke with a grin. She scoffs, "Of course."

"Can I kiss you?" I question quietly, looking up to see if anyone is watching us. Nope. "No," She's tense.

I furrow my eyebrows and lick my lips, dropping my head against her neck. "Tell me. Or I will kiss you."

"Please do."

"I really will."

"Shut up, stop trying to kiss me." Kennedy slides her hands around my neck and steps even closer to me that our bodies our touching. I feel my pants getting tighter, fuck. "You're a little too close..."

"Am I?" She says in mock innocence. She comes closer, nudging my head with hers so that I move my head up. I do, and she gives me a cute smile.

"If," She trails her lips up my neck, leaving a wet kiss at the top. "You come," Kisses along my cheek and then to the corner of my mouth. "With me. . . I'll give you something." A kiss on the lips.

Using seducing, damn is she smart.

"Nice try, beautiful. Not this time." She's not that smart.

Kennedy groans cutely and buries her head into my chest, tugging on the strands of hair on the back of my head gently. Nervous?

"Stop blackmailing me." She whines into my chest. "Alright, tell me what's wrong."

She checks my face slowly to make sure I'm not kidding and sighs. "The other day--" She's cut off by Carly. "Hey guys!" Carly grins, practically glowing from all the bliss radiating off of her.

"Hi, Carly." I mumble, eyeing Kennedy. I turn her around and step to the side of her with my arm around her waist. "Hey, Kennedy." Carly smiles over at her, not receiving a response from Kennedy. I nudge Kennedy lightly. "Hello, Carly." She deadpans with a weak and fake smile. "Justin, my dad?" She turns to me. "Wait, before you go, are you two dating now?" Carly questions, putting emphasis on the 'now.' "Why?" I ask her with an eyebrow raised. Why does everyone want to know our relationship status? I get that it must be exciting to know when people are dating but if the couple doesn't want anyone to know, it should be between them.

"Oh, because I think Scooter told us that none of the dancers can date you and you can't date any of them, including Kennedy."

I laugh, shaking my head. "I don't give a fuck about what he says. I wouldn't date any of the dancers except the hot one to my left, anyway." Kennedy shrugs her right shoulder. "Do you care if we date? I'm not saying we are but, if we did, you wouldn't tell anyone, would you? Since you're so close to Justin?"

"Yeah, she wouldn't. Right, Carly?" I swear I see Carly's fists clench and she breathes sharply through her nose. "No, I wouldn't."

"That's great, thanks Carly." Carly unclenches her fist and suddenly smiles. "Oh, can I talk to you in private, Kennedy?"

"Let's just talk here."

I watch Kennedy intently, this actually might be the thing that's going on.

"No, it's 'girl stuff.'" Carly glances at me once then back at Kennedy. "I'll be right back, Justin." She slips away from my hold.

I watch them walk away and do what any curious person would do. I follow them. They go over to a dark corner of the restaurant. I follow behind silently, pressing my ear against the wall behind them.

Carly: "What did I tell you?"

Kennedy: "I already told you, I'm not listening to anything you tell me."

Carly: "So, you want this the hard way."

What the hell? The hard way? I twist up my face in confusion and try my best to continue listening to them, trying not to let my thoughts cloud my mind.

Kennedy: "Honestly, you're insane. I don't care what the hard way is. Do whatever you'd like, you're not scaring me at all."

Carly: "Don-"

I quickly move away from the wall and make it look like I was just standing here casually, just waiting for my soon-to-be girlfriend. *Wink*

"Justin?" I turn around to see Olivia. Her again. "Oh, hi." I smile awkwardly, noticing a piece of green paper in her hand.

"Um," she clears her throat. "Can you give this to Kennedy? Don't read it, it's important." She holds her hand out slowly with the letter in between her pointer and middle finger.

I nod. "Don't worry, I won't." I take the letter from her and slide it into my back pocket. "Thanks."

The moment she walks away, I slide the letter out of my pocket. Did she honestly think I wasn't gonna read it? She must be stupid.

Stage Two: Uncooperative: Second chance to back down and listen to my order.

Here comes something else in the way.