Maybe The 3 Of US Can Play That Game

The Simon situation was resolved, or at least most of it, there was a bit of a down side - no pun intended - he was now a vampire. Of course that wasn't going to be easy. For Alec he was starting to appreciate Clary a bit more, because of her he could see Magnus more often. He didn't knew why he was so interested or why he felt the need to see him, but for now he was going to let things play themselves. There was also the situation with Jace that needed to be solved. After Alec told him he maybe wanted to get to know Magnus, Jace had gone away. He was upset, that much Alec knew. But what he couldn't understand is how Jace could act so jealous and upset when he also acted like he was madly in love with Clary. Because it wasn't enough that he was gay and that could cause him to be rejected from everybody else, including his own parents, he also had to deal with a very complicated love life. Jace was his parabatai so that was breaking a rule already but Magnus, he wasn't sure which one was worse. A warlock - a downworlder - or your parabatai.

"Alec?" Isabelle said as she got near to her brother. She wasn't nearly as upset as Jace had been for what Alec did. She was surprised yes, because this wasn't the Alec they knew, who was always there to protect them no matter, to make sure they broke no rules. He wasn't usually this careless.

Alec simply nodded and acknowledged her present in the room. They were in the library, everyone else was either at the greenhouse, weapons or training room. For now it was just Izzy and Alec.

"Are you going to talk to Magnus?" Alec looked at his sister with pure horror. But deep down he was a little bit amused.

"Why would I do such thing?" He asked.

"I see the way your eyes light up when he walks into the room. I notice the way your whole body postures changes. And for one second I see the brother I wish I could see everyday. Someone who believes they deserve that happiness, the one you see when you look at Magnus. It doesn't mean you should stop caring about the world and all of us but you deserve that happiness, to stop feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders. And you see that when you look at Magnus don't you? You believe you could happy and that you deserve it. That he would accept you the way you are." Alec had no idea what to say or if there was something he could say at all. "Of course, there's also that whole tension between the two of you that I rather not make comments." She added.

"Of course, you had to kill the moment." Alec joked.

Izzy was right, she was. Alec felt all that when he looked at Magnus, for one second he saw his whole life ahead of him, being happy, being accepted by everyone around him. But what Izzy didn't saw was the overwhelming fear that came right after. When he felt his legs failing on him, the sweaty palms and his heart beat racing, all that not coming from a good side. The fear of what their parents would think, Magnus was a warlock, he knew things, he has seen things that were beyond Alec. He had to admit he felt something bigger and greater when he looked at Magnus, something he had never felt before when he looked at Jace. With Jace things were safe, or they would be if they weren't parabatai, he's like him, they fight for the same. Being with Magnus meant giving himself up, opening up his heart and fight against his entire world. His father had gone through the same with his parabatai and he was now sympathetic to Alec's situation but he would never be to Alec dating a downworlder.

"Just think about it Alec. Or perhaps do it quickly since well, Magnus is here."

"You set me up." He replied. "That's just wrong on so many levels Izzy!"

"Is this about Jace?" She asked.

"No. I, I don't know. We haven't really talked about this."

"Alec, you are my brother and I want you happy. I'm not saying Magnus might be the love of your life or your greatest choice but I do know that Jace isn't. He is your parabatai and you love him so but you should talk to him. I think he's interested in Clary." Those words felt like a sharp knife being twisted in Alec's heart. He knew whatever attempt to a romantic relation with Jace was doomed but he was expecting them to at least discuss it.

"Hello Alexander." Alec turned to find Magnus standing at the entrance of the library.

Izzy went away with a smirk on her face. Alec's eyes lighted up exactly the way his sister had described it. However that didn't took long before Jace had walked in the room as well. Alec had now decided he would have to tie Jace with something that made noise, like a warning alarm that he was about to walk in otherwise he would keep walking in into places he couldn't, ruin moments or see what he wasn't meant to see.

Alec said something that neither Magnus or Jace really understood but it sounded most likely like a bad word.

"What do you need Jace?" Alec said.

"I need to speak with you, Alexander."

"Did something happened?"

"Maybe, yes. Let's talk, now."

Magnus looked around and with a very amusing look said "I'll let you speak. I can return later, or never at all."

"Magnus, please wait!" Alec asked but it was too late, he was gone. "This better be worth it." He turned to Jace.

"I had no idea you two were so friendly now."

"Speak." Alec demanded.

"I miss you." Jace said. He sat on a chair and grabbed a book to seem more casual. But this was a serious conversation.

"Do you miss me in what way?"

"I kissed Clary." Now that a conversation killer.

No one else spoke for a while. There was really no way to continue the conversation without ending badly. They would either get upset at each other, act jealous and demand explanations or pretend they don't care and get hurt. Either way Alec had to say something.They couldn't let this continue, he was now lost on what was happening. It was me and Jace with an addiction of Clary and now Magnus. It was becoming something Alec wasn't sure they could handle.

"Do you like her?"

"Do you like Magnus?"

"That's not really fair is it?" Alec asked.

"What is fair, Alexander? I know you love me. You have for a while now and I said I liked you, you walked away. I kissed you, we never spoke again about it. And now you have Magnus."

"I don't have Magnus. And stop saying my name like that. Because you know he calls me Alexander. And you have Clary. Oh Clary this, Clary that, love me love me."

"Maybe she does."

Alec and Jace were best friends, they knew each other for a long time so it was typical to once in a while get into fights, harmless brotherly fights. But right now Alec really felt like punching him in the face.

"Great then. Have fun with her. I'll have fun with Magnus." Alec didn't really meant it, he was hurt and he was probably sure that whatever was happening between him and Magnus was probably over ever he left. Alec wasn't a child but this clearly seemed like a child's game.

He didn't knew why or what had gotten him to do it, he just felt like walking and walking. No where to go, no clear destination. That until he reached the door. He ran the bell and he had no idea what he would say or what he should do. Would he be mad? Send him home? In the end, Alec didn't really cared.

Someone opened the door. He had his typical amused look but he looked intrigued as well.

"Hi." Alec said.

"Alexander."

"I'm sorry, I needed to see you."