Chapter 3

Nova

"Shit," I cursed as my vibrating phone woke me up

Last night went completely left. I get why Carmello lost his cool but he shouldn't have because he fucked around and said the wrong shit to the wrong person. He could've ran his mouth to anybody else in the club but he ran his mouth to Travis and was messing around with Travis' girl, to top it off. Thankfully, Travis doesn't know about Carmello and his girl, but I do. And after their little run in last night, Travis doesn't want Carmello back in his club and is even rethinking having me sell there.

I'm not trying to look like no bitch and beg for a place to sell but I was making the most money at Travis' spot and it'll really put a dent in our pockets to lose our partnership with him. I didn't do anything wrong, Carmello did, so he's gonna have to set things straight with Travis.

I looked down at my phone sighing. I don't know why Yvette has been blowing my phone up all morning as if she doesn't know where I'm at. I looked behind me at Heiress, who was still laying in bed asleep, before pushing the covers off of my body and climbing out of bed. I didn't want Heiress listening in on my conversation. Heiress knows about Yvette and the shit me and her got going on but my relationship with Yvette is different than what I'm doing with Heiress and Heiress wouldn't understand that.

I walked across the hotel room and stepped into the large bathroom before closing the door behind myself. But besides not wanting Heiress to hear my conversation, I just don't like niggas in my business anyways. People don't need to know how I'm moving. I locked the door behind myself and answered Yvette's call.

"Well, damn, it took you long enough," she answered.

"I told you I was out working."

"Not at nine in the morning. Where are you at?"

"Of course I wasn't working at nine in the morning, I was asleep."

"Where," she clapped, "Are," she clapped again, "You," she clapped each time she said one word. "At. Nigga? Stop playing with me Nova. I've been calling your phone all morning and you weren't answering. What have you been doing?"

"Sleeping, damn! Why you always accusing me of something? Why do I gotta lie about sleeping when you know I was out getting this money last night? And why are you so worried anyways? I dropped you."

"Dropped me?" she laughed. "Nah nigga, I dropped you and you're still laying up in my house every night."

"I pay all of the bills around there so I can sleep where I want to."

"Yeah, all right, we'll see about that. I found something though."

I scrunched up my face. "Found what?"

"I found a little phone of yours that you tried to hide between the mattresses of my bed. You didn't think I'd find that, did you?"

"Phone? What phone?" I asked, trying to play dumb. I have another phone because Yvette likes to go through this one and I need privacy. Me and her aren't together but she doesn't want me talking to other women, so the only thing I could do was get another phone and keep it hidden from her but I should've known she was going to find that hiding place.