Chapter 8

I've got an authors note at the end and I would appreciate if you'd read it. Thank you.

The sickly sweet smell of syrup creeps into my nose, my face scrunching up in disgust

The sickly sweet smell of syrup creeps into my nose, my face scrunching up in disgust. I watch as relatives I barely remember walk into our home, chatting about. Even Blossom families have entered, but the two sides don't mix. For some strange reason I've yet to know, the older generations don't get along. Although they've spent years being business partners, when they're time runs out, they fall apart. I've worried about that for years, believing the same thing would happen to the twins and I, but I've grown confident and faithful in our relationship.

Father and Mother go around, greeting all of our guests. One in particular catches my attention. Walter Blackwood. My fathers brother. He, unlike my father, was not a typical Blackwood. Where my father was cunning and cruel, Walter was kind and caring. He refused to participate in the business, instead ran off to college where he met Vivienne Smith, or as she prefers to be called, Vivi. Vivi, like Walter, is everything us Blackwoods aren't. Grandfather Daniel and Grandmother Gwyneth were all but pleased when they learned their rebellious son had proposed to her. They had hoped their relationship was fraud, that Walter was going through a stage and he'd be 'normal' in a few months. The only reason Walter and Vivienne are able to come here is because of this book one of ancestors wrote. It's basically a list of laws that our family and the Blossoms have to follow. One states that every family member must attend all gatherings unless they are terminally ill or imprisoned. Since Walter nor Vivienne are either of those, they strut into every gathering with their head held high. Everyone avoids them, not wanting to associate with the odd sheep.

Grandfather Daniel and Gregory Blossom call everyone outside and we begin the walk to the trees. Every year the business has an annual tree-tapping. Jason and Sebastian, since they're the future bosses, have the honors. I've always dreamed of tapping the tree, but Father would never allow it. I'm to be a secretary, and assistant while my brother and love rule. I've never admitted it aloud but I'm jealous. Sebastian has always been Father and Mothers favorite, while I was just there, an extra pawn in their game of life.

The small crowd cheers as Jason and Sebastian complete their duty, stopping to smile for a picture. Sebastian walks over to our parents, Father patting him on the back with a proud smile. Someone taps my shoulder and I try my hardest not to groan.

"Still the unfavorite see."

"Walter, Vivienne, it's pleasant to see you." I reply, glancing at the couple.

"You know Davina, we're more alike then you think. Always the odd one, never really fitting in with this family, don't agree with the business-"

"We're nothing alike." I sneer at him. I roll my eyes when Vivienne pathetically clutches at his arm. "Now if you'll excuse me I have some other business to attend to." I turn away, storming off inside. I pass by my relatives, not sparing a glance at them when they call my name. A warm hand grabs my arm, pulling me into the coat closet. "Jason." I glare at him.

"You're more annoyed than usual, what's up?" He leans back against the door, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Walter. He said I'm like him. That I'm the odd." I confess, slumping into the wall.

"Don't listen to him. He doesn't know what he's talking about."

"But he does! Everything he said was true! I don't fit in with this family. My parents prefer Sebastian over me. I'm an outcast!" My eyes water and a traitorous tear slides down my cheek.

"Oh baby." Jason pulls me into him, running his fingers through my hair. I sob into his chest, gripping at his shirt. My head begins to pound, a headache slowly forming. I pull away, Jason running his thumb underneath my eyes to try and remove the mascara. "Don't worry about what your parents think of you, I know you're wonderful, amazing, talented, beautiful, and the best girl I have ever met. I love you, Davina Charvi Blackwood."

"And I love you, Jason Clifford Blossom."

Okay, so I've watched Descendants 2 (and I absolutely loved it) and I've grown a crush on Harry Hook (cause who wouldn't). Anyways, it got me thinking, how many of you would like a Harry Hook story? I've also been thinking about maybe doing like an imagines book but with any one that you guys request because I'm in so many fandoms and can't just pick a particular one.
Also, some of you have asked me this so I'm just gonna make sure y'all know what's up. Seeing as season 2 of this lovely show has not yet come out, I have no clue what's going to happen. My story will most likely not line up with show but when the time comes I will try to find away. Also, if he flashbacks of flash forwards are confusing, just let me know. The ones in the future will obviously be confusing but if you have any questions just hit me up.
Anyways, thanks for reading. I hope you guys liked it and thank you for taking the time to read this note.