☑ #7: Attend A Concert

When the doorbell rang Blue was reading. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, to be exact because after that time she had found that the book had become her favorite as well. Not that she could admit that to Oliver.

                “Blue!” Mama’s voice drifted into her room through the barely ajar door. Sighing, she collapsed back on the bed, book landing on her face spine-up.

                “Mama!” she called back in the same tone and only when her mother yelled again did she pick herself off the bed with a groan. Stretching her arms above her head, Blue strolled down the stairs, nearly missing the last step and gaining her a jolt. “What?” she asked irritably when she saw her Mama stood by the open front door, hand on hip.

                “There’s a boy here for you,” she told her daughter and Blue’s eyebrows rose when she heard the new voice add from behind the door.

                “The boy is right here, by the way.”

                “Oliver?” Blue made her way around her mother to peer at the boy in confusion.

                “Hey,” he grinned at her and she was taken aback by his uncharacteristic warmth.

                “Uh. Mama, go away,” she fluttered her fingers at the form hovering behind her and her mom wiggled her brows at Blue, much to her horror.

                “He could make any lesbian straight,” she said and Blue nearly choked, eyes wide.

                “Mama! There is a ring on your left fourth finger. Now, go,”

With a laugh she turned to saunter into the kitchen. Mustering the most apologetic face she could, Blue swiveled on her heels to face Oliver again.

                “Cool mom.” His eyebrows rose in amusement and she rolled her eyes. Before Blue could ask he continued. “Have you ever been to a concert?”

                “No…?” It came out more of a question than a statement.

                “Good. Let’s go.”     

Blue was nonplussed.

                “Sorry?”

                “I’m supposed to help you with your bucket list, right? Well, add this one since going to a concert is a right everyone should have that no one can steal from them. I got the tickets. And you better hurry up because I know you like this band but I don’t, so if you don’t step out of the house in the next two seconds I will throw them down the drain,” he warned, waving two tickets a foot away from her face.

  #1: Hug the first person I see on the streets

 #2: Sleep under the stars (no tent or anything; just on the grass)

#3:Learn to play the piano

#4: Go skinny-dipping

#5: Trespassing and have a picnic there

#6: Finish a book under an hour