Chapter Ten

Austin went to speak but his brother walked into the room and froze, “What is that bitch doing here?”

Austin growled, “Watch your tongue. I heard what she had to say and I understand the situation she is in. One thing is for sure though. She is my mate and I won’t ever deny her again.”

Brendon sighed and her a dirty look, “Whatever.”

She took a bite of the food she was holding. God, it was so good. She almost moaned at the taste of it. She missed Marylin’s cooking. She swallowed the food and smiled at Marylin. Marylin smiled back.

She decided to strike up a conversation with her about the cooking. Ella asked if she could get some cooking lessons. Ella liked to cook it was a great hobby. She just wanted to learn more. Marylin agreed to give her lessons and Ella stood there with a happy smile. It seemed that things were looking up for her.

She heard three people enter the door and looked towards it.

Her smile disappeared. Fear. It gripped her heart tight and all she could do was stare. She was gripping the plate so tightly that it broke but she didn’t notice. She didn’t notice the glass of the plate biting into her skin or the shouts of Austin, Marylin, and Danny. All she could see was them the three men who have haunted her memories and dreams. And that smile.

James, that was her step dad’s name, looked her over and his eyes landed on her belly. She instinctively wrapped her arms around her belly. She winced in pain and looked down to see her hands bleeding. Everything quickly came back. She was out of shock and she could here Marylin talking. She turned to look at her, “What?”

Marylin gave her a worried look, “Honey, you’ve got to be careful, let me see her hands.”

Ella quickly shook her hand, “No.”

Marylin sighed, “Honey, I have to patch them up. From what it looks like, you’re not healing as fast as you used to. It must be the pre-“

“No!” Ella found herself in a corner on the other side of the room, “Don’t let them take me! Don’t let them take my babies!”

Austin stood there watching the hysterical state his mate was in. What the hell happened. One minute she was talking and laughing the next she was frozen and staring at Alpha James, Eric, and Steven as if she had seen a ghost. She had even broken the plate that she was holding and hurt herself. His mother had tried to help her but she wouldn’t let her. She had gotten over to the other side of the kitchen so quickly that he barley even had time to blink. Now she was sitting their mumbling to herself. Something along the lines of not letting them take her and her babies.

He was missing something very important here. He quickly walked over to her and bent down to her level, “Ella baby, what’s wrong?”

She looked into his eyes and that’s when she started crying. She desperately grabbed at his shirt. He quickly took her into his arms. He feared for the state she was in.

“Excuse me,” Alpha James said as he put a hand on my shoulder. Ella stiffened and she looked up at him. Alpha should have burst into pieces where he stood with the way Ella was looking at him. She then proceeded to growl at him and Austin was for the first time ever, scared of his mate.

“Ella?” He asked cautiously.

She didn’t even glance at him. Instead she growled at the Alpha again. To Austin’s surprise Alpha James laughed.

He gave Ella a calculating, “Are you okay, Electra? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Electra? She hasn’t been called Electra for months now. Austin was totally missing something important.

Ella growled again, “That is not my name, but you know that don’t you?”

“Of course I do.”

And then something clicked and he let go of Ella. The only reason she would act this way, the only reason why she would freeze when those three walked into the room was because it was them. They raped her.

He stood up, James following his lead. He looked James in the eyes, “Out of my territory now. You’re lucky I don’t rip your fucking head off right now.”

James laughed sinisterly, “Not without her. I never thought to look for her here. I should have done that first.”

“I called the pack warrior’s. They’re on their way, now.” His mom said.

James sighed, “Fine, we’ll leave, but I’m coming back.”

The other two had left and James was at the doorway when he stopped. Austin watched as he turned around and looked straight at Ella, “I’m coming back for you and my babies.”

Austin made to attack him, but the whimper that came from Ella’s mouth stopped him. She needed him right now. More than ever

James left after that and Austin helped Ella up and to a chair. She was still crying.

Austin hugged her close, “Don’t worry, I won’t let him get to you or our kids.”