chapter one

HAFSAT's POV

I scrambled out of bed nervously, I can't believe am late for Fajr again. Amma is going to literally kill me. I rushed to the bathroom to perform ablution and grabbed my hijab. I got to the prayer room and met everyone saying duas,  Amma gave me a death glare. I quickly spread my prayer mat and started praying.
Minutes later I found my way to the kitchen to help with the dishes.
"Amma ina'kwana "
"hafsat yaya"
"lafiya"
"hafsat it doesn't seem so, I don't seem to understand you these days. You are always late for salat, what do you intend to teach your kids when you have them."
"Amma yankuri, danallah it won't happen again''she going to give me an endless sermon if I didn't apologize.
''Better, Abba wanted to see you so take his breakfast to him''
''Inna Abba?
''Cikin gida"
To avoid another round of speech I quickly took the tray of food and went in search of Abba.
"Abba ina'Kwana, yaya jigi"
"lafiya, and you "
"lafiya"
"Allhamdudillah"
"Hafsat, as a good father I have taught you how to nurture our Deen and uplift your culture ''
I nodded a yes
''okay, you remember sa'id Mr Abdul-salam's son''
''yes Abba''
''He made his intentions known to me about having you as a wife, he requested that you both should court before any other thing be concluded. He will be coming over in the afternoon so get ready ''
''Mashallah, nagode Abba. I know every decision you make is in my best interest, let me get ready ''
I stood up and went into my room and caught my sisters giggling.
''salamatu and mamuna m'nini haka ''
''Haba amarya, we are curious about our brother-in-law ''
''Both of you should better get something doing guluma''
They left disappointed that I didn't discuss about sa'id.
*

*********************************
Ina kwana- good morning
Yaya- how are you
Lafiya-fine
Ina - where
Yankuri- sorry
Danallah- please
Cikin gida- inside the house
Nagode- thank you
Guluma- amebo