Chapter 4

I received a text from sai'd the next day about the venue for our meeting. I was feeling nervous just thinking about how the meeting would go. Looking at my watch it was "11am" in the morning and I was to meet sai'd at 3pm at a restaurant. I quickly wore my dress and went down in search of umma, salamatu and maimuna. I found them in the garden laughing and gisting about how they will dress and look at my wedding.

"umma, ina kwana "
"hafsat, yaya"
"lafiya "
I sat down beside umma .

"hafsat the latest Amarya"  salamatu teased
"salamatu please let me be" I pleaded. It was quite exhausting and my cheeks already hurts from too much blushing.

" Hafsat, where are you going to all dressed up"

" uhmmmn, umma am supposed to meet sa'id today"

" ooh,  yes I remember your dad mentioned it to me but he said it was going to be a dinner date koh"

" Not really, it's by 3pm"

" haba hafsat, is it not too early to dress up"

I just couldn't tell her that my anxiety had gotten the best of me.

" Umma, I think Abba is calling me "

I quickly said so I could escape my mom and her unending query. Immediately I got into the room I laid down on my bed and embraced the arms of sleep that called out to me.

*******************************
" Wake up Adda"

I opened my eyes and found salamatu over me.

"What is it salamatu " I questioned her

" Don't ask me that,  am just here to help you get ready"

"For what?"

" Apparently,  your Prince Charming is downstairs awaiting your arrival so you could commence the royal dinner"

" Are you trying to be funny or what"

" Do I look like a clown "

" I don't know "

" Okay,  Sa'id is downstairs "

" Ya Allah,  why didn't you say so since" I screamed as I jumped out of bed " What is the time"

" I did,  I wonder why you didn't understand and it is just 10 minutes to two "

I quickly entered the bathroom had a quick shower and by the time I was out salamatu had laid out different dresses and veils. 

" I think this sky blue is perfect for the date " she said as she laid out shoes.

" isn't this too extra,  a simple dress will do.  It's just a simple date. "

" okay,  wear anything you want but I am doing your makeup "

By the time I was dressed up in a navy blue gown and had wrapped my silver veil over my massive hair it was about to be 3pm.
I went downstairs and found umma laughing with sa'id in the living room.

" o hafsat,  I see you are ready " umma said as she announced my presence.  Immediately sa'id  stood up and bade her good bye.  He ushered me outside and once we got out. He spoke to me
" Good afternoon hafsat, how are you "
" Good afternoon , am fine. "
" You look gorgeous by the way"
" Thank you,  you don't look bad yourself "
When we got to the car he helped me in and went around to get into his seat as he started driving. 
"So what do you like eating."

" Anything edible will do"

" okay"

" so why did you come to the house I thought I was supposed to come meet you at the restaurant "

" I realized it was bad manners to let you get there yourself since it's our first outing.

" okay "

When we got to the restaurant and got the menu I nearly pinched none of the meals picked my interest but I managed to pick stirred fried spaghetti with prawns. There was s silence during our meal as we hardly spoke to each other.  
I couldn't eat much because I really didn't like spaghetti. 

" Why aren't you eating "

" I guess am full"

" okay,  why don't you dry the desert " he said pointing at the cake.

" it's okay,  I am full alredy"

" You really do have a  small stomach then"

I didn't realize I had laughed out loud at his remark.

" I guess so"

When we were done it was already 6 pm,  on our way home there's heavy traffic and we were on stand still for about 2hours . I was terribly hungry and couldn't even say it.  By the time the traffic subsided it was already 9pm .

Then all of a sudden my stomach growled loudly and sa'id looked at me surprised.

" Are you hungry again "

" Am sorry,  I am.  The food we ordered wasn't my type of food"

" Oh that explains it,  would you like to eat again "

" yes " I said embarrassed

We later sto stopped at a roadside restaurant and I ordered for jollof rice and beef.  When I was done eating he went out and came back with different local sweets,  gullisuwa and alawar Madara.

" You take them "
" of course,  I do " my face had lit up at the sight of them.

I collected the nylon bag that contained them as we left the  buka and headed for home.  When we finally arrived and he dropped me off it was already very late.
" Thank you Hafsat,  today was amazing.  We will do this another time,  is it okay by you "

" yes, it is"

I was already going inside when I heard footsteps behind me and I was surprised to find him at my back
" Here,  you forgot your sweets "
" Thank you "
" Good night and have a good night rest "
" Thank you once again" I said as I quickly ran into the house.

*******************************

I am so sorry it took this long to update. I had school to handle and then I got married and had a baby. But nevertheless I promise never to take this long again.

Comment
Like

With lots of love 😍
Umm Aaaqil