Part One| New Guy

From the second Julian walked in the library, Ding Dong hated him.
      The way his hair bounced when he walked, how he smiled politely at customers, how he looked to the ground shyly when their manager, Chris, spoke to him. It was disgusting. What a goody-two-shoes, he's probably trying to get up to Ding Dong's rank without even working that hard. Ding Dong rapped his fingers against the wood of the desk. His shift was about over for his lunch break, so he started getting out his lunch box- when he heard an unfamiliar voice.
"Uh, h-hi. You're Ding Dong, right?"
Ding Dong raised his gaze to the guy addressing him. Ugh, it was him. Ding Dong sighed, placing his lunch box on the table.
"Yeah, that's right.." he glanced down at the guy's name tag. "Julian?"
Julian's face lit up as he said his name. What's wrong with this guy, why won't he leave me alone...
"Yeah, that's me!!" He grinned. His smile took up his entire face. It would've been infectious if Ding Dong wasn't the cold hearted guy he was. Julian averted his gaze to the floor, placing his index fingers together.
"U-uh, I was wondering i-if I- we could eat lunch, together?" Ding Dong looked up at him curiously. All of the other employees teased him daily, mostly Matt and Ryan, the bastards. This was probably a request from them, to try and get close to him. Ding Dong straightened his shoulders- He wouldn't let that happen.
"Nah, I'll pass. I like being alone."
Julian looked... disappointed. And it looked genuine. Ding Dong almost felt bad-almost.
"Oh... t-that's okay, I was just trying to get to know everyone! I've only met Chris so far..."
Ding Dong perked up at that. He hadn't even met Matt or Ryan yet- this wasn't one of their antics. And Chris wouldn't mess with Ding Dong, they were pretty close. He sighed and stood up.
"You know what, James? I'll eat lunch with you."
He had that stupid grin again, the one that went all the way across his face. "My name's Julian."
"That's what I said."
"You said James."
"Whatever."
     After eating lunch with him, Ding Dong learned quite a bit about Julian. He was a beginning animator, and he wanted to make sprites for video games and such. Ding Dong had perked up at the mention of video games.
"You like video games?"
"Hell yes, man! I haven't played any in a while though, I've been too busy..." Ding Dong could tell. The shorter man had bags under his eyes, and his hair wasn't particularly groomed. He opened his mouth to say something when the door to the break room opened.
"Lunch is over, boys, time to get back to work." Ding Dong groaned.
"Chris, do we have to?"
Chris crossed his arms. "I mean, if you want to get fired, you don't have to." Ding Dong rolled his eyes, standing up. Julian hopped up, closing his lunch box and smiling that stupid smile at him again.
"Bye, Ding Dong!" He skipped off, his hair still bouncing around.
Ding dong sighed, going back to his station. He put his lunch box back in his bag. Maybe Julian wasn't that bad. He looked up, seeing Julian laughing and helping some kids pick out books. His laugh was a sort of ringing sound, one that could make anyone happy. Anyone except Ding Dong. No, never mind. He definitely is that bad.