The First Date

"I can't wear this go carting!" I said throwing the skintight dress back at Lani, "you'll make me look like a stripper!"

Jason, Lani, and I were currently finding something for me to wear on my "date" with Dylan. Something that made me look interested without giving away the real me. Something that left a little mystery.

The last of summers heat was still lingering so a simple cashmere sweater was easily thrown off the table. And a halter/crop top would be much too revealing for the first date.

One hour and half of my clothes in a pile on my floor later, I had finally decided on a grey and green Michigan State (Dylan's dream college) crew neck paired with black Nike running shorts and trainers.

"See look, he gets to see what he likes, the sweatshirt, and also the real me- lazy but casual," I said addressing them while checking my appearance. I had decided to leave my messy straight hair down and that this was a makeup free date.

"Oh honey, Dylan isn't going to fall for the real you," Lani said, "you're going to have to fake it til ya make it girlfriend," she finished applying her own lipstick and kissed me on the cheek, "its what I had to do"

"Um... Thanks?" Before I could decide if I was offended by Lani's comment or not my phone screen lit up with a new text message.

DylPicklez: Hey you on your way?

Hey dont judge me. His name just makes me crave some Kosher Dills.

Yeah, be there in 10
-- C

I typed quickly. After I grabbed my keys and wallet I stopped in my doorway, "Ok people, get out of my house," I told the 2 of them, "this train is leaving the station," I said making Chugga Chugga sounds walking out of my room and down the stairs

"And don't do that either!" Jason called after me.

---------

"Ya know, I'm starting to think you're just using me for transportation," I said while I put Melvin in drive, heading downtown to where the track was located.

"Dang, you found out my little secret," He said laughing. I caught myself laughing too but mentally slapped myself when I realised what I was doing. How could I be laughing with the enemy??? Get a grip Carter, he's probably just using you the same way he did to Lani.

These thoughts easily put a damper on my mood and I turned on the radio to replace the words I wanted to yell at him.

"Troye Sivan is one of my favorites!" he exclaimed from the passenger seat as Happy Little Pill came on.

"Really? You don't strike me as a TS type of guy," I replied surprised. It especially shocked me since Troye was also one of my all time favorites.

It makes me hate him even more. Darn you and your good taste in music!

"Oh yeah, that's all my sister listens to these days, some of his songs are just so catchy," he said humming along to the song.

The car ride was filled with easy lighthearted conversation about our favorite music.

When we finally reached the race track, I saw about 4 different people waiting for us in the parking lot, each more perfect than the next.

I recognized them all as a part of the popular clan from school, or as Lani and I like to call them, the Elites. I knew a couple of them from Lani's brief moment of fame when her and Dylan were together.