ch. XI -- So where were you?

Kate didn't hear form Lucifer in two days. Next three days He appeared in mirror before she could go to sleep.

"Did you forget something or what?" Kate glanced at the big mirror and crossed her hands on chest while sitting down on a bed.

"What." Lucifer answered.

"I said- did you forget something or what?" Kate scoffed.

"I heard you loud and clear the first time." Lucifer rolled His eyes.

"So, where did you disappear mister Pointy Horns?" Kate asked Him.

"I do not have horns for your information." Devil seemed offended.

"Huh, must be heavy stereotype then." Kate mused quietly.

"Any who... Are you going to tell me or not?" Kate looked at mirror.

"I was dealing with certain things." Lucifer shrugged.

"Sounds boring if you ask me." Kate was still looking at the mirror.

"You are boring." Lucifer said instead.

"Are you a child?" Kate asked.

"No, are you? Besides, I don't like children." Lucifer said with distaste.

"Well, must have been hard to be my guardian angel while I was a child." Kate grumbled.

"I am not your guardian angel. I don't have halo nor wings if you haven't noticed it." Lucifer pointed out.

"Interesting. Do angels even have halos and wings?" Kate mumbled to herself.

"Of course they have wings, but you can forget about stupid halos." Lucifer said, glass of drink appearing in His hand.

"Okay. Was I a good child?" Kate asked and smirked at Him.

"How I am supposed to know that? I am not your parents. Not that I know what offspring should do or do not." Lucifer seemed distressed by her question.

"So, basically what you're saying is that I was a lot to handle?" Kate smirked.

"For a small earthling who came without any instructions, I would say yes." Lucifer answered honestly.

"Yes, I really enjoyed those moments when you tried to eat dirt or bugs and succeeded." Lucifer grinned at her.

"Ew! What?! I didn't do that!" Kate cringed.

"Ask your mum. I will never forget how she asked you 'what's in your mouth'." Lucifer laughed.

"How did this discussion turn on me?" Kate grumbled and looked to the side feeling defeated.

"Can you just answer where you have been these last couple of days?" Kate asked with a sigh.

"Gathering information." Lucifer shrugged.

"What information?" Kate side-eyed Him.

"Important information." Was all He said. Then girl snapped.

"Lucifer! You can't just randomly disappear for two days not saying a word to me! Then come, show up in my mirror for three days just to say goodnight! And now, you are still in mirror! Standing there as if nothing has happened! You can't do that to me!" Kate yelled and jumped up from bed to stand in front of a mirror.

"I have done it before and you didn't seem bothered." Lucifer answered cautiously.

"It was before I was kidnapped, Lucifer! Now that you disappear every time more than a day, I think that you are gone forever! You can't just do that! Or maybe that Jophiel is finally coming to end my life or something!" Kate didn't stop.

"I didn't--" Lucifer was cut off.

"Of course you didn't think about it! I have no idea how long you'll be here and I am hundred percent sure that you don't know it either!" Kate pointed at Him.

"What if I'm kidnapped again while you are gone? Huh? What then?" Kate yelled, now pacing around the room.

"That won't happen." Lucifer said in serious tone.

"Oh yeah? How do you know that?!" Kate stopped to look at mirror. Damn, she wanted to punch that pretty face!

"Because I won't let that happen!" Lucifer slightly raised His voice clearly getting angry with her.

"I want to see you try!" Kate yelled.

"Why would I believe you?!" she continued to yell standing couple feet away from mirror.

"Because I am your Guardian Angel, for Dad's sake!" Lucifer yelled at her as He appeared in front of her and not in mirror anymore. Girl's hands fell to her sides as she looked up at Him scared shitless. Devil's eyes flashing red. Okay, so you don't poke the Devil. Learned it the hard way.

"Breath, Katherine." Lucifer said upon seeing all the color drained from her face. Girl let out shuddering breath and swallowed thickly.

That was kind of hot. One fleeting thought run through her head. Kate slowly let her eyes glide over Devil's standing from. Did He have to stand this close? And, of course, she had to pause at His lips. How cliché is this?

Let her be cursed if Devil didn't feel this weird tension between them that she felt so strongly now. Lucifer still was staring at her when His own eyes dropped to her lips for a second. Not saying a word He took step back.

"So... you are my guardian angel..." Kate said letting out unsteady breath, not daring to look at Him.

"I should fucking hit you right now." Kate mumbled to herself sparing a look at Lucifer. She didn't miss how His lips twitched upwards.

"For what?" He asked, voice still strained with annoyance even though Kate knew that He wasn't angry. Fine, she didn't know if He still was angry, she hoped that He wasn't.

"For scaring me like that." Kate huffed and sat down on bed again. Yeah, like that was what she actually wanted to say.

"I will send Maze the next time, when I will choose to disappear." Lucifer sighed.

"Maze...?" Kate whispered.

"Mazikeen." Lucifer explained. Kate nodded.

"So where were you?" Kate asked smiling hopefully at Him.

"You have to be fucking kidding me." Lucifer rolled His eyes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N: Here you go.

Pardon me for any errors that I have made.

Also a question: who would go for aesthetics pack for I don't mind you under my skin and I don't mind you by my side

FEAST PEOPLE OF THE VOID, MY HUNGRY CHILDREN