ch. XXIV -- Purple, it's ironic

From Maze, Kate gathered that Lucifer won't be around for almost a week. On one hand Kate believed it, but on the other she somehow felt skeptical about it.

"But can you message Him somehow?" Kate asked not knowing that Devil actually had phone and number, or Lux for real, not to mention Corvette or penthouse for that matter. She actually didn't know anything about Him.

"Yeah?" Maze said it in obvious tone.

"Okay, then you'll know if He's around." Kate mumbled.

Maze glanced at the girl besides her.

"What are you plotting?" demon asked.

"Mazikeen? Can you get me a dress?" Kate asked asking sweetly.

"A dress?" Maze wasn't impressed.

"Yes."

"What for?" demon could sense that whatever was on Kate's mind wasn't good.

"We could, like go out or something. You know together, but not together together." Kate tried to voice her request slowly thinking on every word she was saying.

"So you want to do this behind Lucifer's back?" Maze raised eyebrow gaining a nod from mortal.

"If I leave to buy you a dress, that means you are left alone, which means Lucifer will come here booming and tearing heads off..." Maze trailed off.

"He can do that?" Kate asked in terrified tone covering her mouth with hands.

"He can do a lot more, princess." Maze said with wicked grin on her red lips.

~I'm so sorry, darling

Did I do the wrong thing?

Oh, what was I thinking?

Is his heart still beating?~

"So, no dress?" Kate said sadly.

"Oh, please, you'll have a dress." Maze didn't seem fazed.

"How do you think on getting one if I'm not going or you're not going?"

"If you want to go out we need two dresses..." Mazikeen wiggled her eyebrows pointing between herself and mortal girl.

"Okay, but how do we get them?" Kate furrowed her brows.

"I'll get mine sent from... from home..." Maze said slowly before she could say something that she'll regret later.

"What about mine?" Kate felt downright miserable.

And with one of her trademark wicked grins Maze once again looked at Kate.

"What?" Kate whispered not liking the look on demon's face.

"Lucifer will buy you a dress..."

Kate's eyes widened at that and girl just stared at the she-demon for a good while.

Two days later

"It's here.." Maze said in bored tone and brought a black box in Kate's bedroom just to plop it onto bed.

"The dress?" Kate looked up at Maze.

"Not The Dress but dress..." Maze grinned at her own stupid joke and turned to leave the room laughing. When the doors closed shut Kate's eyes dropped to the box.

Now looking at the box in front of her Kate wasn't so sure if she should leave. She actually never meant to lie to Mazikeen. She never intended to lie to anybody.

And something was pulling her out of the house. A feeling that she has never felt before, except...

...except for that evening back at her own place. She was tipsy that night. Making silly pictures with her phone when Lucifer had appeared in mirror. Kate vaguely remembers that she asked:

"Why are you so handsome, Lucifer?"

Yet the dream from all those nights before was burned into her mind so badly it almost felt scarring...

~Magnetic everything about you

You really got me, now

You took me so well

Hypnotic taking over me

Make me feel like someone else

You got me talking in my sleep

I don't wanna come back down

I don't wanna touch the ground

Pacific Ocean dug so deep

Hypnotic taking over me~

And He kisses her again. She's trying to tell herself that it's real. That He is real. He's not just a phantom, He's with her.

Somehow, memory of that dream is letting Kate to forget all her obligations- starting from her pent-up emotions till her own name.

Hand that was firmly holding her hip went lower until reached between her legs. Eyes wide and mouth agape, she couldn't speak. The want and need and pure pleasure clouding her mind.

"Am I going to do this?" Kate whispered. She wasn't scared that Lucifer could hear her. In last week she had realized that connecting the Devil seemed a lot harder. Must be really busy, then..

And with unsatisfied grunt Kate grabbed her black backpack and threw in some clothes and bottle of pills.

Sitting back on bed Kate looked at the box again. Little bit scared to open it. With trembling hands she took off the lid and looked at the dark purple of wrapping paper.

'Ironic, really...' Kate thought briefly.

'My bruises were the same color.' For a second she felt something tighten in her throat.

Taking steading breath, Kate pulled off all wrapping paper just to be greeted by dark fabric of clothing and a small card sitting on top of it.

And looking upon the dress in box, Kate had no idea about the things that were bound to happen in next 72 hours.

Jophiel's plan reaching even new heights. 

So sorry that this is late!

Trying to be all domestic and shit..

Listening: High by SIVIK