Chapter 2

**At the beach**

**Tori's P.O.V.**

My first day here in Brisbine has been nice, I made at least one friend. Campbell is his name...I think. We're supposed to meet at the beach today to hang out and get to know eachother better. 

I walked in the front door of my new house. Some of our stuff was already put up and placed. 

"Hey Mom, hey Dad!"

Mom: Hey sweetie, how was your first day?

Tori: It was good. I made a friend.

Mom: Well, that's always a good thing. Do they live around here?

Tori: Yeah, he actually lived 2 doors down. 

Dad: He? So it's a boy, yeah?

Tori: Yes it's a boy, but he's nothing more than a friend.

Campbell was kinda cute. He seems like he would make a really nice boyfriend. I'm just not ready for one yet. I'm still getting over my ex, Alex, and I just moved here so I want to get familiar with the place before I even get into relationships. 

Tori: Can I go to the beach around 4-ish?

Dad: yeah, are you going to be alone.

Tori: No, Campbell and I are going, he wants to see me surf.

Dad: Well, as long as you'll be safe, and don't do nothing that you'll regret.

Tori: DAD! I don't like Campbell that way.

He threw his hands up in defence and walked away. I ran upstairs to get fresh clothes on and my board. All my stuff was still in boxes in my room except for my bed, board, and guitar. I went to one of the boxes that was marked "Clothes". I dug through it hoping to find a swim suit somewhere, no luck. I tried the next box and lucky me, I found my yellow bikini. I put the bikini on and I grabbed my Cody Simpson beach bag. Yeah, so I'm a Cody fan...I'm not crazy obsessed like my best-friend Ashley is though. I filled the bag with sunscreen, sunglasses, a towel, and my iPod. I grabbed my board and was ready to head out to the beach. It wouldn't be a far walk because we live right off the beach. 

When I got outside the sun was beaming, I loved the feel of the sun on my sunkissed skin. It made me calm. I could stay out in the sun all day if I could. I walked further down the beach towards Campbell's house and noticed Campbell out by the shore with another person. As I got closer to them I realized he was a brunette boy wearing Ray Bans and billabong shorts. 

Cam: Aye, Tori, you made it!

Tori: I wouldn't give up a chance to go surfing.

Cam: Good, good. This is Josh. Josh, Tori, Tori, Josh.

Josh: Wassup?

Tori: Nothing much, nice to meet you Josh.

Josh: Same here. 

Cam: Well, are we just going to stand here looking smokin hot, or are we going to surf?

Josh: I'm going to have to go with the first one.

Cam: That's only cuz you can't surf!

Tori: Wow, first aussie I've ever met that can't surf.

Josh: Get out of here and go get in the water.

Cam: Leggo Tori!

I paddled pretty far out in the ocean. Cam got the first wave and he totally wiped out. I got the second wave and I rode the whole thing up to the shore. It was so much fun. We probably stayed out in the water for about an hour or two. I had an amazing time out there.