Here We Go Again

The classes seemed to continue for ages, while Emil was glad to have an excuse to not talk to Leon at the moment, however, he was still irritated at him. The two had only met for about five minutes, and Leon had acted as though they were close friends and gone off and dragged Emil into meeting him at a nearby park in just a few days time. At the moment his teacher was rambling about a college they attended, for a school regarded as one of the best in the country, his teacher seemed to never talk about the actual subject. If anything, the teen learned more about his personal life rather than solving any mathematics equations! Trying to resume to his notes, Emil opened up his textbook when he felt something hit the back of his head lightly. He'd been used to having things such as paper balls and paper planes being thrown at him, however, whatever was being thrown at him just would just not stop. With an exasperated sigh, Emil whipped his head around. 

"What." He hissed.

"About like time, Emil. I thought I'd have to start like yelling at you." Replied Leon smoothly. 

"What do you want, Leon? We're in the middle of a lecture!" 

"Calm down, princess, I just wanted to like talk. Besides, all this old man is going to do is talk about his own life anyways, so like unless you're interested in knowing his social security number or something, we can like talk." 

Now he was just trying to irritate him, honestly, what the hell did he even want? "Talk about what, exactly?" 

"I dunno, like anything really." 

"Right. Well, I'll just go back to my notes." And with that, Emil had resumed to trying to decipher equations and bad handwriting once more. 

After their small discussion, the class seemed to stretch on even longer with Leon's failed attempts to get Emil's attention and Emil trying to convince himself not to turn around and choke Leon with his notebook. Soon enough, the bell had finally rung again, saving yet another poor soul and signalling a new hellhole; lunch. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emil had trudged through the hallways, barely making it out without being spotted by Leon, hopefully. While he would have preferred to have brought his own lunch, Lukas had insisted he try the school's lunch first and see what he thought of it before going through the troubles of packing his lunch every day, as Emil was ever so stubborn, and almost always kept quiet about ever needing help. Soon enough, he had finally found his way into the rather grand cafeteria. Beautiful murals of landscapes around the world lined the walls, each window held flowers of what he assumed to be the national flowers of the countries of the students as he recognized his own national flower, the mountain avens sitting by the window with the flag of Iceland painted on its flower pot. However, he couldn't take his eyes off of the layout, each table was a beautiful wooden piece with small yet detailed engravings that lined its legs. Even the ceiling captured his interest, unlike the cafeterias he would see at his old school, Hetalia World Academy boasted a glass ceiling so that students could always see the beautiful clear skies above. It was only when someone brushed by Emil that he had realized he'd been standing in awe the entire time and blocking the way for other students, quickly muttering an apology he tried to navigate his way through the lunchroom. 

Eventually, he found where he could finally get food, at the moment he could feel his stomach grumbling and demanding something at once. It was rather peculiar how everything had been separated, the lay out was that of a buffet with the continents hanging over each area, and soon enough, Emil had made his way over to the "Nordics" section of Europe. Scanning over the variety of foods, Emil had decided to settle on Kjötsúpa, now that he had that sorted out, where exactly was he going to sit? Every table seemed to be full of rather chatty and bothersome people, he would have liked to sit by himself as at least if he was named out as a loner, he could do so in peace.