Mike Fuentes

You walk through the front door with your head down, your boyfriend waiting for you in the front hall. He stops pacing when he sees you. "Well?" You just shake your head and sniff, and that's when he notices the tears in your eyes. "Oh Y/N.." You hug him tightly and bury your face in his shoulder, crying. "She's gone.." you sob. He runs your back and kisses your hair "I'm so sorry Y/N.. I know how special she was to you." He gently guides you over to the couch and sits you down in his lap. You look longingly over at the spot next to you and wipe your face. "She should be here with us, laying on the couch and wagging her tail as I pet her.." Mike hugs you tightly "It's going to be so lonely without little Bella here." You nod and rest your head against his shoulder, and he gently squeezes your hand.

The two of you are watching your favorite movie, The Lion King, and eating left over pizza. You're laying on the couch with your head in Mike's lap, hugging a picture of your late schnauzer to your chest. Every once in a while, you feel the prickle of tears forming in your eyes again, but you take a deep breath and blink them away. Mike worries when you cry, and he already worries too much. You reach up and rest your hand on his cheek, and smile up at him, letting him know that you'll be ok. He smiles back at you and kisses your forehead. "I know it's hard babe, but you're strong. You'll make it through this and make Bella proud. I believe in you." Until that moment you didn't realize just how much you depended on Mike. You realize that you could never live without him, and you never want to.