nine.

"God bless his little heart, but it's nice to have a house of just grown ups." Louis said flipping down on his couch and lighting a joint.

"Babe really?" Niall chuckled, as if to say, you still smoke up? Nevertheless, he joined him and they sensually passed their smoke back through parted lips and hot breath.
Things had been a bit uncomfortable since the last time they had tried to have sex, and they decided maybe that was a sign of moving to fast. Louis decided he could kiss Niall all day every day, and really did wish he could. Maybe they would keep the sexual acts to a minimum for awhile.
But that was two weeks ago, and they finally had the house to themselves, and everyone knows how ballsy and wrecked and absolutely aching for it Niall gets after a real good toke.
So he laid there, singing beautiful and thick to The Eagles, and Louis was smiling sideways watching the lines on Niall's face, wishing they were back ten years ago, wishing he'd not wasted all this time. Reckoned he would have quite enjoyed kissing Niall all these years. He looked old, beautiful still, more than ever, but thirty years old had definitely taken a toll on his eyes and his cheekbones.
"Stop staring at me, ya git." Niall said, and Louis wondered how he knew when Niall's eyes were closed the whole time. He poked him with his foot and Niall stopped singing. He propped up on his elbows and smiled.
"Lad..you trying to kill the good buzz I have?"
No, he really wasn't, moreso wanted to play. And he loved this about Niall. Thirty-three years old, yes, but around him he felt nineteen again.
And gosh, Niall was intoxicating. He couldn't take it. He looked back at Niall who was shimmying out of his trousers, and oh, Louis was enticed. "What's the craic, pal?" Niall just shrugged in response. So Louis did the smart thing, and shimmied out of his trousers too. They collapsed back onto the couch, a bit too stoned to be standing straight, and laid there with no trousers.

The next morning when Louis woke up, he was internally pissed that he's not wound up the courage to do something about Niall and his no trousers situation. He wondered if Niall was trying to tempt him, see if he'd take the bait, or if he really was just uncomfortable.
In all reality, Niall wanted Louis more than anything at that moment, didn't intend to fall asleep, but all was well. They had all the time in the world-no need to rush things. Louis kissed Niall's forehead before he covered him up with a blanket and went to make him some breakfast.