eleven.

"Come on, Tommo. Just Harry innit?"

"And Payno." Louis reminds him in a whisper.

"Oh, please, Lou. What have you got with Payno? Please come with me and stop being a ponce about it." Niall grabs Louis' arms and shakes him down.

"Stop it Niall," Louis says fixing his hair in the bathroom mirror for the umpteenth time. "Alright."
"You look gorgeous, my darling, and your hair just lies flat, what are you so nervous about?"

"I didn't go to his sodding wedding, Niall. and I wasn't a good friend to Payno. Our little ones could have been mates all this time! Reckon they don't want to catch sight of me."

"Shut up, Louis. I hate when you get like this. stop being so self-deprecating. They love you, and they miss you, and every time we get together they ask if I've talked to you. Just be happy to see them, please?"

Niall practically pushes him out the door and as he's walking behind Louis, he takes the time to stop them and press tightly against him, whispering a promise of, "If you enjoy yourself I'll treat you real nice when we get home," and shakes his hips a little with Louis before opening the car door for him.

Well, Louis thinks, shouldn't say no to that. And takes Niall's hand in his own when they start off down the road to the hotel Niall told Liam and Harry to meet him at.

He hadn't exactly told Harry and Liam that Louis was with him, so he hoped things wouldn't be awkward. But how could they be? They managed to be friendly with Zayn if they ever came to be at the same award shows or events, surely they'd be ecstatic to see the famous recluse out of his hidey-hole in San Francisco.

Niall went in first, Louis' pointer finger hooked around his own. "stop," Niall sharply whispered to Louis.

Niall darted off in the direction of the boys Louis had spent most of his young adult years with, and saw Liam and Harry pull him into a huge group hug that made Louis feel warm. He had really missed them, yeah. He walked up slowly, hearing Niall say, "Guess who I found," before all three boys turned to look in Louis' direction.

Louis thought Harry might cry, and Liam screamed so loud patrons turned to see what had happened. They ran up to him, like they were twenty years old again. Liam picked Louis up and flailed him around whilst Harry smacked his arse several times. Oops, Louis thought as he felt a tear slip down his face. When Liam put him down, turned out they were all a bit misty, even Niall.

"Well well, Nialler, where did you find the ghost of Louis Tomlinson?" Liam said messing Louis hair wildly.

"Here, why do you think we're here and not LA, boys?" Niall said and ordered a drink for him and Louis.

They spent the evening catching up, many many years of catching up, and laughing as hard as they did ten years ago at stupid things.

Harry, ever the advocate for clean lungs, pulled the cigarette out of Louis' lips when he stepped outside for a smoke. "Too old, Lou." Louis paid him no mind, and pulled another one out, having a nice drag.

"Harry, I um.." Louis started but wasn't sure how to say what he wanted or needed to say.

"Lou, this is a happy day, come on. I'm just happy to see you now. I don't care about all the days and days and weeks and years I waited by the phone or the computer, longing to hear from my best mate. Looking out at the rows of people at my wedding, hoping to catch a glimpse of-" Louis shoved his shoulder when he realized Harry was being his dramatic self.

"Sod off with your soliloquies, Harold." and they both started laughing and shoving each other.

"No, really. Missed you man," Harry said, pulling Louis into a tight hug, something Louis loved since they didn't really display affection their last years in the band. "Glad you're here,"

"Glad you've managed your hair," Louis said into Harry's shoulder.

"You sod off, mate." Harry said laughing again and shoving Louis away. Louis just looked at Harry and smiled, nice, he thought. The old gang back together.