thirteen.

louis was sincerely enjoying his time with his family. once the awkward stiffness wore off, it was so lovely being home again. he wouldn't have recognized ernie and dot if it hadn't been for the pictures daisy and phoebe posted constantly. he tried to keep up with them on social media, make sure they were behaving and all that.

they were all, save the younger set of twins, over eighteen now, so what could he really do but keep eyes as the absent older brother.

•••

neil: waking up in God knows where & i miss u

neil: waking up in God knows where & i miss u . so much . x tour's nearly over babe . xxx

louis typed out a too-long response full of " i love you"s and "i miss you"s and "hurry home so i can deflower that gorgeous body"s

he decided to visit jay's gravesite while he was still in town. Lottie had offered to go with him, but he wanted to go alone. he sat and chatted with her for what felt like days, and felt so peaceful and joyful he thought he simply must call niall.

•••

two weeks slid by rather quickly and louis found himself jumping into niall's arms as he walked in the door wearing the sweetest flat cap louis had ever seen and looking particularly sleepy. "so nice to see you in my home," niall said kissing louis' face all over as his feet touched the floor again. "haven't been here in so long. i kept the bed warm for you, but may have eaten all your crisps." he said walking to the kitchen as niall sat down on his couch, sighing and rubbing fiercely at his knee.

"alright?" louis asked, and niall turned around to meet his eyes.

"i'm thirty damn years old. not exactly nimble jack anymore, am i?"

"never were, were you ?" louis says laughing, and tossing an ice bag at his boy.

"shut it, you. come sit down with me, please," he begs loudly, "i missed you so much and you won't even come give me a cuddle." he says, fake disdain laced in his words.

louis sat down, handing niall a beer and putting the pizza he ordered on the coffee table.

niall places his head on louis shoulder, and hugged him miserably tight, careful of his knee, and muffled something that sounded like, "move in with me." into louis' shirt. louis didn't answer him, not yet at least, carefully considering the..offer? request? demand? he just silently let niall change positions so his head was in louis' lap, and turned on the tv. he earned major protest from niall as he sloppily ate pizza on his pristine grey couch.

but, yeah, move in..just might, he thought.