Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

After soon beginning on my walk to school, it began to pour down rain. Which was totally unexpected since it's almost the end of spring and almost summer. Also another reason it sucked to have a short sleeve shirt on.

I felt like I was in one of those horror films, when the poor innocent girl is walking down the street and she gets kidnapped. I always had strange thoughts when I was alone, which also might be a reason I have no friends.

***

Of course I ended up being late to school. Ever since the rain started a slowly made my way to school, because I remembered seeing this tip online that it's better to walk in the rain than run.

***

I had always sat outside for lunch, even when it was raining. Luckily I had went to the lost and found and ended up finding one of my lost hoodies and that kept me warm.

I stayed under the dry part of outside where the roof hung off to give shade on hot summer days. I expected today to be one of those days.. Guess I was wrong.

During the process of eating my lunch, my gaze kept forward on the woods on the right side of the school. Something kept my attention to stay there when I found out what it was, a boy.

He wore a greyish sweatshirt that I couldn't get a good view of because of the distance. He had something on his face.. A mask sort of thing.. And maybe glasses? I saw his head glance toward my direction and that's when I got freaked out.

I ran inside the school and threw away my tray and pretended nothing had happend. But I kept having that feeling someone was watching me all throughout the day.

***

After school I took the bus home, and to be honest I was actually grateful. Because I was afraid I'd end up seeing that mysterious boy again.

I got off at my stop and saw Tyler was already home. I walked inside and saw him laying on the couch. He had a straight face on, not something I usually saw him with,

"Hey a-are you ok?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" He spat at me.

"Well, you're home early.. And you look like you hate the world." I said leaning over the couch. I saw his blue eyes look up at me,

"It's none of your business." He stated standing up and walking upstairs into his room, and slamming the door. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch and grabbed the remote when a news report caught my attention,

UNKNOWN SERIAL KILLER STILL AT LARGE

"Today a family was found brutally murdered with multiple cut wounds, there were no signs of a murderer and still have not been signs. If you see any mysterious signs of a killer please call..."

I zoned out after the news reporter said 'no signs'.. all I could think about was the experience during lunch. Could it be that guy? Or am I just being paranoid?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door, I gulped and walked over to it and grabbed the cold metal of the doorknob and slowly twisted it open...