Prologue

Sang sat in the chair, a flower bouquet in her hands as she looked out the window with dull green eyes. She was seventeen and she was getting married. Sang didn't want to get married, no she wanted to travel the world and escape her family.

Her family had different her thoughts.

Sang was sold and now she was going to be married to an old Russian who wanted her for sex and to have his children.

Green eyes filled with tears as she thought of what was going to become her life. She hadn't had a good life with her family anyway, but she met her to be husband. He was just as bad. He told her the things he planned to do to her. What he was going to make her do.

Biting her lip, Sang tried to keep the tears a bay. What God did she make made to have her life go in such a direction. She tried to be a good girl, she got good grades, stayed out of trouble...she did everything she could to stay out of families way.

Nothing she did was good enough though. She was unwanted. A burden. A Freak.

She was brought out of her thoughts when her Father came into the room, she blanked all her emotions as he waved off the guards at the door and closed the door.

"You look beautiful," her Father told her. Sang kept her emotions in check. She wanted to cry.

Sighing her Father looked at her, "This is for the best. You are going to be happy if you let yourself."

'Yeah right.' Sang thought as he figures curled around the steps of the flowers that were in her hands. She wouldn't be happy with the man her Father sold her too.

"You just want the money," Sang whispered as she looked down at the floor. She knew her Father, he didn't hold any real emotions for her. She was nothing. Sang was just another way for him to make money.

His eyes flashed before he pressed his lips together, "The wedding will start soon. I am going to make sure your sister found her seat then I will be back." He turned around but paused, "And if you try to run, they will find you"

"How much?" Sang inquired before he could leave the room. If he was going to sell her, she wanted to know how much.

Staying silent for a few minutes before he father said the dreaded words before leaving, 'Ten Thousand.'

Sang didn't say anything as she clenched her teeth together. She wanted to yell at him, curse and scream...but she knew it wouldn't matter. She meant nothing to him so throwing a fit would only make things worse for herself.

At least she knew how much her life was worth now.

Ten Thousand Dollars is how much her life.....a human life was.

Her stomach clenched, a nauseating feeling creeping up. Why were humans so cruel they would resort to such things. It was sickening.

Sang didn't know how much longer she sat there in her thoughts before she heard shouts coming from behind the double doors keeping her prisoner. She stood up when she heard thudding and gunshots going off. Her eyes widened as she backed up from the doors.

'What is going on!' She thought as she stood still, gripping the bouquet in her hands tighter. She could hear cursing and more gun fire before silence. A couple seconds later the door opened and a muscular man came in, blood splattered on his clothing eyes taking in everything in the room till they finally rested on her.

"Hello, Little Bird" Sang looked at the large figure in front of her, his gun in hand. His gruff voice making her freeze as he looked her in the eyes as if trying to see what she was going to do. She blinked back her tears as she saw him come closer to her, "How would you like to escape?"

Sang didn't need to be told twice, She looked at the flowers in her hands and put them down as she took the outstretched hand, she wasn't going to have to go through with it after all. It seemed like someone had heard her plea.

Maybe God had not' forsaken her after all.