Chapter Three: Failure to Spark

(Delilah)

I woke up in Nash's room again with a pounding headache and a my hole body is sore. I stretch and rub my eyes. I look around the room for Nash. I don't see him but I do see bloody towels and Nash and mines bloody shirts and I can hear running water running. Did Nash come and find me?

I look down at my wrist to see them bandaged up and written in black marker 'you are beautiful'. The tears immediately fill my eyes and my hand is to my mouth to try to silence the sobs.

"Oh your awake," Nash says.

"Yeah," does he really think I'm beautiful.

"Are you crying?" shit!

"No," I quickly dry my cheeks. What am I wearing? I look down and it's a black sweat shirt and I pull back the covers and I see an extremely baggy pair of gray sweatpants that synch at the ankles. "did you-" I was going to confront him about changing my clothes but the sight of him with his messy damp hair and half naked body ripped my train of though right off the tracks. He muscles were perfectly defined for his size and his towel is low neigh to see his v line. Even his back is hot!

"What were you saying?" oh, that's right I was talking.

"How did you change my clothes?" I am a little angry, what if he saw me naked!?

"Oh well, yah see," he ran his fingers through this hair, "I didn't see anything I promise. I put- I-it's hard to explain."

"Can you take me home?" I say bluntly. He turns around looking confused. "Please, take me home-"

"I heard you." Well then! rude!

"What time is it?"

"I don't know like seven," Nash is clearly annoyed, but I don't know why. he can't be mad that I want to go home, that's silly.

(Nash)

I save her life twice and she can't stay for breakfast! I didn't have to go running out in the rain after her, or let her sleep in my bed, again! Did I do something wrong?

"Hey, Miranda," she is looking around the room.

"Why did you do it?" her voice is shaky, like she's crying.

"Look I'm sorry for changing your clothes but-"

"No, why did you go out in the rain, again, to get me. Then ruin your clothes. Why?" she turns to me with a face full of tears.

Why did I do it? I ran after her because I didn't want her to get hurt. "I care about you, we're friends now," I pull her into a hug and she nestles her head into my neck.

She pulls back, "I'm sorry if I upset you by wanting to he home," she looks over to my shoulder, "and for the tears and a little makeup on your shirt." She starts rubbing the spots. She is adorable. I wrap my arm tightly around her waist and pull us both back onto the bed.

I start tickling her and she tickles me right back.

"Ok," she manages between fits of laughter. We relax, her head is resting on my chest and she drawing small circles on my chest with her fingers.

NARRATOR

The two laid there, silent. Delilah listening to her favorite sound, a heart beat. Nash just enjoying her company and in that moment Delilah forgot all that she was sad about. All her fears and worries seemed to get farther away with every beat. Nash's mind was peaceful, all he was thinking about was Delilah. Delilah on the other hand, her mind was swirling with things.

The message on her arm

Laughing with Nash

The feeling of safety in his arms