Chapter Six: Not what I Exspected

(Lilah)

After getting home I immediately started packing. I pack all my favorite summer clothes. Then I went to the mall and bought new bikinis and high waisted shorts. I am so excited to get to see my dad again, and California is one of the places on my travel list.

When I leave the mall it is just before sunset and I get the idea to stop by Nash's house and surprise him like surprised me. I pulled off the road at the next drug store and bought peanut and regular m&m's and starburst.

I drove down to Nash's house and his car wasn't in the driveway. I sighed in disappointment, now what am I supposed to do with all this candy. Hannah.

I drove down a few blocks to one of my new really good friends.

"Hey Lilah! Come on in," greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey Hannah, I bought some candy and I so much to tell you," she turned looked at me eyes full of wonder.

"Ooooo tell me! Oh my god, you bought a lot of candy. I love you," she said shoveling in a handful of m&m's.

We giggled and picked out a movie. "ok, now spill," Hannah said taking in more m&m's.

I took a deep breathe while I pondered where to begin my story. I know its not nice to lie to your friends, but don't want to tell her how this really started.

"I was walking home a couple of nights ago and it started raining. I slipped and cut up my arms really bad, and that cute guy Nash that hangs out with Logan happened to be there and he helped me. We have spent the last few days with each other, and Hannah I think I really like him," I smiled shyly. The words are alien to my mouth, it's the first time I've ever said it out load. " Also he has invited me to go to California with him for some show he does. I think we really have some think."

Hannah smiled sweetly at my story, "I'm so glad you found someone new Lilah."

We finished the movie then I went home. I went strait to bed, I think that admitting I have feelings for Nash helped me sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes and silenced my phones alarm. Today is the day.

I got up and showered. Then I blow dried and straightened my hair, put on just mascara, and some yoga pants and a gray and dark gray tribal print tee. I put my bags down by the front door and ate some cereal while I waited for a text from Nash. It finally came.

Nash: we're on our way you ready?

Me: yes.

(Nash)

"Ok guys please don't hassle her with questions," I said looking at Hayes. I know I can't stop then from asking embarrassing questions, but I can try.

We pulled into Lilah's driveway.

"I'll go get her," I said hurting up to the door.

I knocked and she answered and I helped her with her bags. Then we got back in the car. My dad made Hayes move to the very back and now Lilah is in between Skylyn and I.

"Hi Skylyn," she said cheerfully.

Skylyn giggled and said good morning. "Gods morning Lilah, how are you?" my mom asked from the passenger seat.

"I'm good, how are you guys this morning?"

"Well I'm wondering if you like Nash. I mean people don't just go to California with a guy they just met that they don't like?" my dad questioned from the driver seat. Lilah looked shocked.

"Dad!" I scolded.

"No it's fine," Lilah said placing a hand on my shoulder, "well my dad lives in San Diego so I'm going to see him. Plus the show Nash does looks very fun and I'm excited to get to go." She handled that very well surprisingly.