Chapter Five: A Change in Feelings

(Lilah)

After Nash drive me home I lost it. Everything was going good. I have this amazing guy who likes me, but all I can think about is the bad. It's always in the back of my head. The thought of being happy with Nash and then it ending kept me up all night. I came up with fifty three different ways that our relationship;the nonexistent one, could end tragically.

I have stayed up all night and it's finally time for the sun to rise. I grab a pillow and blanket and head down the street. I sit in the same spot I took Nash to yesterday. I am right on time. The sun peeks out above the horizon slowly rising and painting the clouds brilliant pinks and oranges. All that I can hear is the soft coos of birds and the babbling of the water splashing against the rocks. I close my eyes and breathe in the crisp morning air.

Then a pair of arms snaked their way around my shoulders. My whole body tenses and I breathe in sharply. I turn slowly, I am relieved to see Nash's baby blue eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed a place to think."

"What's wrong with your dock?"

"The trees block the sunrise," he sits down beside me and takes some blanket. "So about that kiss."

"I'm sorry I was caught up in the moment," I apologize.

"Why are you sorry?" he asks sound annoyed.

"Because people apologize for their mistakes," I say turning my attention to the squirrels chasing each other up and down a talk tree.

"Mistakes?"

"Yes kissing you was a mistake-" in the clear thinking of the morning I understand that I'm lying to him and myself.

"Lilah you don't really think that." I did before now.

"Nash," my heart starts beating fast as he leans down.

"Lilah," he says in a low sexy tone.

"Nash,we shouldn't," I whisper my voice shaky.

He leans in closer and lays me down and is hovering over me. My heart is about to burst from my chest. I place my hand on his chest, I can feel is heart beat.

Now he is resting on his forearms and our faces are inches apart. We haven't kissed yet, we've just been staring into each other's eyes. I don't know what he is feeling, but I have the same feeling as I do watching the sunrise. Everything was clear in my mind. My doubts melted and revealed my feelings for Nash.

The moment was interrupted when I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing. Nash and I got up and I gathered my stuff.

"Lilah," he stopped me, "I have to fly to California tomorrow for magcon. Will you come with me?"

"California?"

"Yeah, San Diego."

"Yes!" my parents are split up and my dad lives in San Diego.

I groan when I see how early it really. It is only six o'clock and I didn't sleep at all.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Nash asks sweetly.

"Would you? I didn't sleep at all last night."

"Thinking about me?" he jokes and I just laugh with him.

Nash takes my stuff and I crawl onto his back. He smells like an Abercrombie store.

I went home showered and started to pack. It's crazy how fast my feelings have changed. I just want everything to be perfect. So I packed some if my clothes then I decided to go buy some new things.

I bought new swim suits, shirts, and other shirts. When I got home it was dark already so I decided to go to sleep.

--------

Sorry for the short chapter. I promise the next one will be better. Vote vote vote please.