Chapter 12: False Gratitude

After I got out of the hospital I was headed toward my new car that I received from my insurance.I still had trouble walking because of all the strain that had been put on my legs but I could manage.

I got word that Dalton left the hospital last week but it'll take longer then that unfortunately for Sling and Nash.I was meeting Dalton for lunch today so we could try and find our regular friendship again.

While walking to my car I heard someone's footsteps on the broken gravel.I turned around and saw Tammy standing behind me with her arms and legs bandaged.
Tammy had her hand clasped in front of her and her head was down.

"Hi Flare I heard you got out so I asked the physical therapist if it was ok if I came out her to thank you for saving my life."
"I don't want any thanks Tammy, do you know how mind shattering that decision was I'm not as well set anymore like I used to be."
"I'm sorry Flare I know you loved him very much it was my fault for putting myself between you guys."

"It's not your fault.... it's mine.I should've not been an ass to him because If I'd knew that the last thing I'd say to him was fuck off I would've never been so mean."
"Hey don't beat yourself up over it Flare you've already had your ass handed to you" I could tell Tammy was trying to lighten up the mood so I relaxed a little.

"Hey when does you therapy session end Tammy?"
"It ends in about ten minutes."
"Well if you want when your done you could join me and Dalton at the malt shop up the road?"
"I'd love too."
Tammy began to walk back to the hospital when I stopped her by snatching her hand and pulling her towards me.

"Is my girlfriend not gonna give me a goodbye kiss?"
"Your girlfriend....are you serious right now?" Tammy asked shocked.
"I'm as serious as I've been in a while Tammy, unless you don't like the idea of a girlfriend and you want to get married."
"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa hold up Flare I'll date you but let's just start there we both need time to heal, and about that kiss."

Tammy placed her luscious lips on mine and we embraced each other.Tammy ran her soft fingers through my blonde hair and I put my hands in her brown beautiful hair.
We kissed for awhile they we separated and Tammy told me
"I think I'm going to quit my job as a stripper Flare what do you think?"
"Hey I'm getting this body all to myself baby no one else."

Tammy laughed and then was on her way to the hospital when she turned back towards me and blew me a kiss.
"Love you!" She hollered out.
"What was that?" I said back but then saved myself by telling her quickly
"Love you too!"

Tammy waved to me as I drove out if the parking lot then when I turned the block she went inside the hospital.

The truth was I needed more time to heal but as long as I had people that love me back and friends who'd take a bullet for me the pain was a whole lot less agitating.

I don't know what the future holds for me and Tammy but I know that I'm gonna suprise her.For all she knows I'm still living in Sling's house but maybe she'd like a house better in the country.

My name is Flare Logan and I'm the survivor and savior of the Farthing Woods.