Prologue

❦  

  The soon to be Alpha made his way to his father's office, the hard sound of his shoes hitting the marble floor bounced off the walls of the empty hallway. Without bothering to knock the door of his father's office he unhesitantly walked in.

His father looked at him sternly, almost warning him to behave more civil, but how could someone as sinister as Wesley know what civil was? After all, his father was the one who had raised him this way, he shouldn't have expected any less.

Wesley straightened his shoulders, not failing to miss the old hag that sat opposite of his father. Is this what his father had called him here for? To listen to one of her many stupid premonitions?

Wesley let out a dark chuckle, scratching his stubble irritatingly as he shook his head in disbelief, "Again, father?"

He watched as his father gripped the edge of his desk angrily, trying to contain his temper. The old woman looked up at Wesley in disappointment, showing her distaste for his lack of respect, "Young boy, this isn't no foolish matter."

Wesley's eyes darted to her, "What have you come to tell us about this time, dear Agatha? Have you had another vision of our pack being slaughtered by vampires again?" he replied mockingly, his tone sour and cruel.

A loud bang resonated through the room, making the old woman jump in fear. Wesley slowly trailed his eyes over to his father who was now standing up and glaring at him with hardened fists. The desk now lay broken on the floor, shards of wood decorated the clean marble.

Wesley lifted his eyebrows in amusement, "Bit of a temper problem, have we?"

His father made his way over to him, jabbing his finger in his chest, "Agatha has something important to tell us, something that might change your life forever."

Wesley looked between the two, letting a low chuckle out as he tried to take them seriously, "Well, then Agatha, please do hurry up and tell me what this important message is about."

"It is about your mate, dear child," the old hag said, her voice just above a whisper.

The Alpha watched as his son immediately became tense, his breathing beginning to get heavier and heavier. His father watched as Wesley's face hardened, knowing that they had pushed a button bringing up such a touchy subject.

His son had yet to find his mate now at the age of 18. Although he was still young, it was normal for werewolves to find their destined mate between the ages of 16-17. Although a year difference may not have been seen as a lot, it was considered abnormal to have not found your destined after the age of 17.

"Who do you think you are, do you think you can walk in here and mess with me?" Wesley growled out, his body starting to shake. His father's eyes widened, knowing that he was on the verge of shifting.

"Wesley you have to calm down, if you don't listen to this you may possibly lose your mate," his father said in a calm tone. He had not bothered to use his Alpha tone on his son anymore, now that he was so close to being an Alpha the command did not work on him anymore.

A loud growl emitted from Wesley, it had vibrated the room from its intensity, "What is it?"

The old hag sighed, closing her eyes in sadness before greeting Wesley's dangerous eyes again, "Your mate is destined to die after the mating bond."

  ❦