Chapter 20

.37.

Lilly rolls her eyes at Mae's exit, and continues humming softly to herself; if only to comfort her nerves. She pauses only to make herself a tea for the pounding in her temples; frowning at herself for the way this holiday had started and not wanting to further upset Mae. She pulls out the green and red christmas plates, smiling at her and her friends favorite colors as she sets up the table for breakfast, even going as far as pulling out the cheesy snowman and santa mugs that hadn't seen the light of day, since their childhood. Ack. Today is going to be so fucking long. Shit. Lilly sighs, her bangs swaying back in front of her eyes slowly. Before the timer rings and she rushes to the oven to pull out the muffins.

When she turns back around she nearly screeched at her three roommates who had somehow all entered the kitchen silently. "Sup! Morning! Merry Christmas! Well, minus the christ part. This is more of a day of giving gifts and making friends and family happy! Yeah! So let's do that! I guess." Lilly chirps beginning cheerfully but losing the desire to do so about half way through as it gets more and more awkward. "I made muffins!" She adds shaking the tray in her hands.

Mae hides a giggle at her friend's awkward declarations as she takes a seat, followed by Sam who doesn't even bother to hide his amusement as he sits next to Mae.

Dean tenses as he tries to read Lilly, nodding. That's what we're going with, I can totally go with normal. Awesome. "What type?" Dean asks as he takes a seat on the opposite side of the table from Sam and Mae.

Lilly berates herself as she feels batches of blush coloring her face and neck. "Uh, gingerbread, cranberries, and apple cinnamon!" Lilly chirps happily as she grabs them by their tops and sorts them into three baskets. "I wasn't sure what you guys liked... Oh and I made an actual breakfast too, obviously..." Lilly says gesturing to the rest of the food on the table as she places the baskets on it. Leaving to retrieve the coffee carafe and placing that on the table before going back to lean against the counter.

"Obviously." Sam mimics with a smile, "Thanks Lilly. It all smells great."

"Not a problem. Just hope ya'll enjoy it." Lilly responds before taking a sip from her mug.

"Oh, uh. Thanks for the tea Lilly. Feeling better already." Dean says with a half smile as he swipes a gingerbread muffin. He breaks it in half and inhales wistfully.

"Glad to hear it." Lilly responds as she struggles and eventually pulls herself up to sit on the counter, shaking her head at Dean's antics.

Everyone begins passing serving dishes around the table, making a plate for themselves. Lilly is quick to rush around filling glasses and mugs, before she is forced to join them at the table, pile of food already on a plate in front of her.

"So, breakfast and then tree time?" Mae asks, excited all over again. Oh, I've missed my family traditions!

"Sounds fine with me." Lilly says leaning back against her chair, sipping on her own headache tea.

"Tree time?" Dean and Sam say in unison.

"Yeah, it's what Mae's family did. You go and admire the tree and look for a special ornament. You know, 'normal' family traditions." Lilly says, teasing Mae while explaining.

"Special ornament?" Both brothers ask in unison again.

The girls both erupt in laughter. "Must be very strange if it's got you both talking in unison like that." Mae chuckles.

"No we're not." The brothers say again, before glaring at one another.

"So what is it?" Dean asks glaring Sam into silence.