Get Back Up

I stood frozen at what just occurred 10 minutes ago. I watched people get killed as well as me killing someone. I look around and Christina and the guys were breaking the rest of the glass windows that Nick couldn't open, mostly the taller windows and the ones near the door.

"The gas should run out pretty soon." Caleb said. "Isiah, go through the security and turn off the alarms and cameras. Erase the camera's data for the night as well." he added as Isiah attached a red and yellow cable connected to his phone to a security system inside a wall. "The rest of us, hurry up and get cleaned. We have more stuff to do inside this building." Caleb said and everyone obeyed his commands, but I was still on my spot. Caleb walked up to me and before he got too close, I stepped back causing him to stop. I looked at him and shook my head and walked off to a table where the water and tea was served. Once I got in front of it, I dipped my bloody hands on the cold bowl of tea. I knew Caleb was behind me. I could smell him.

"What is happening to me?" I asked more to myself. Caleb got beside me and started washing his hands in the cold bowl of water. "I just killed someone and I didn't even think twice about it." I said as I shook my head. "It was like a reflex to kill someone. Like someone was telling me to kill him. Like he didn't deserve to...live." I said as my hands started to get numbed. Caleb turned his head to me and I looked at him in the eyes feeling empty and lost. "Did he deserve it?" I watched as Caleb's mouth move, but I never heard a thing. I couldn't hear anything but ringing in my ears. I looked back at my hands and started rubbing the blood off. As I was doing so, warm hands touched my face and turned my head towards Caleb.

"Elena, I need you to listen." I finally heard him talk. "Everyone in this room, whether they lay on that floor," he said as he pointed towards the people who laid lifeless on the floor in front of the door, "or killed over there," he said as he pointed at the dance floor "they've done a shit ton of killings, even more, crimes." he told me.

"And we haven't?" I asked still trying to comprehend his words..

"Baby, we kill those who betray us. We just don't do this shit for fun." he stated.

"And they do?" I asked.

"Yes, they do." Caleb said. Although his hands were soaked in the cold ice, now blooded, water, his hands still held the warmth that they carry. Caleb brought me in for a hug and kissed my forehead. "By the way, you're probably the hottest person I've seen kill someone." he stated as I feel his erected groin pressed against my stomach. I looked up at him and playfully gave him a slap on his arm, but still gave him a kiss and a hug.

"You get turned on when someone brutally kills someone?" I asked him. "Does that mean you're turned on whenever you kill someone?" I smirked at him but it falters as he smirks back at me. My face heats up and I roll my eyes in disbelief. "Wow, you're such a masochist."

***

After getting back in the building using the back door, we split up into pairs and everyone, excluding me since Caleb was by my side holding my hands as he killed everyone that we encountered, killed all the workers that portrayed on killing all the guests. Some didn't have a clue on what was going on behind the big doors as they kept on trying to open the doors that lead inside the room where everyone laid dead, and unfortunately for them, they'd have to look for another job, and/or have nightmares day and night about the dead bodies that laid in front of them.

Here I am, 5 hours later, and I still haven't been able to sleep a wink. Caleb held me close as he gently rubbed my back. He has his eyes close. I know how badly he wanted to go to sleep, but he wouldn't if I didn't go to sleep. He wanted me to talk to him about what I was thinking, but I kept on telling him that it was nothing and that it didn't matter. That conversation went on and on for about an hour and we were both getting irritated on fighting about it. He finally told me to talk to him about it whenever I'm ready and so, for the past 4 hours, every 5 minutes, he would open his mouth and ask me;