Chapter 4

"Jason I thought you died" December said as she walked out the house and closer to the boy

"Jason? Is that your real name? Because you told me it was Obi. Who are you really? Tell me before I kill you!" I said as I reached for my knife in my boot.

This boy tested my patience long enough. I have had enough of him. Either he tell me who he is or he will die.

"No! Please I'm sorry my name really is Obi I promise."

"No. Your name is Jason remember? You used to work at the castle. We would always play together as children. Don't you remember Jason?" December said.

She put a hand on mines and made me release the boy. Then sighed and looked at me, as she made a gesture with her head to go inside.

"Let's all go inside and figure this out. We need to be moving anyways. At least while Sterling is quiet"

December frowned when she looked at Sterling and turned away and walked inside first. The boy was about to go inside when I pulled him to aside and grabbed him and leaned in close to his ear so December didn't hear me.

"You hurt her and I'll kill you. You hurt Sterling and I'll kill you. You lie to me and I'll find you then kill you. If you don't tell me the whole truth, I'll kill you. So you better start telling the truth. Or I will kill you."

He looked at me and smirked. "That's a lot of killing. Have you done it before?"

I chuckled at his comment "You mean you don't know?" Then pushed him inside. I took one last look out at the woods before getting inside and closing the door.

"Okay do we don't have a lot of time. So kid what's your name? Why are you here? And what do you want?" I said. I didn't care about how blunt I was. I needed answers and beating around the bush wouldn't give me that.

"Well my name is Obi. I am here cause I thought you might need help getting away and I just really wanna help" he said.

"But why?" December said. "My father told me you died. I haven't seen you since we were children, which was many year ago. Why come now and help?"

"Your father made me fake my death to stay away from you and to keep a loving relationship with you. He gave my parents money. Which we needed. Though recently I heard a rumor that a pauper kidnapped and brainwashed the princess. So I dug deeper-"

"Deep enough to find everything about us. "

"Kinda. I found your old home town and got a lot of information. I also had a few men look up anything they could find on you two"

"Why are you so obsessed with us? I understand that we were friends as children but that doesn't explain why you'd go through such lengths to find  us so why would you?"

"I- I can't answer that. I'm sorry. I really wish I could"

I balled my fists. "That means he's working for people. We need to leave. He lead them right to us"

"Jason? Why?"

"No. Please I swear. I didn't do anything. Please believe me!" He said. My knife was pointed at his neck and blood was starting to drip. I smiled.