Chapter 2- Delving Deeper

They rounded a few turns before they were far away from the press and competition. Ted's slimy heard began to pond once again when he saw they were approaching a secluded break room. Donnie twisted the door handle but it didn't budge.

"Clintons must have locked the door. So bad."

Ted nodded in agreement, "Do you have anything we can pick the lock with?"

Don's tiny, rat-like eyes lit up as he apparently had an idea. Then he blushed a bit. "Teddy Bear, I have to show you something I have never shown anyone. Promise you won't hold it against me.."

Ted nodded vigorously, "I'd never hurt you, Donnie."

With that Donald held out his hand and pulled on it, revealing that is was actually a glove. Ted tried to hide his astonishment as he beheld what was underneath: another hand. This one smaller than that of a newborn.

Donald looked at Ted, his eyes full of vulnerability. "Do you think I'm a freak, Teddy?"

Ted took Don's hand and held it to his cheek, the leathery feel comforting him. "I think you're amazing."

Donald's cheeks flushed a light pink before he turned back to the lock. He held the handle in one hand and put his ungloved hand within the inner mechanism of the lock. It was small enough that it could just fit into the small space. In a moment, the door was unlocked and the pair had stepped in, locking it again behind them.