CHAPTER 2: THE PLAN

SCENE 3:

12:15 AM

Tito Miguel’s Office in the mansion

Tito Miguel’s thoughts while smoking his cigar and sitting on his large leather chair behind his office desk.

“This does not look good.  My gut tells me that whoever is sending Asher the flowers and notes is getting bolder.  Seryoso siya sa mga sinasabi niya.

When I contacted the flower shop earlier kung saan binili ang bouquet of roses the owner and the store clerk could not give me any concrete answers to the identity of the sender.  Sabi  ng store clerk isang matandang babae daw ang umorder ng bulaklak and cash binayaran ang mga ito at ang note na nasa closed envelope ay iniabot lang ng matandang babae para isama sa mga bulaklak.

This does not fit the profile ng nagpapadala if ang mga notes ang pagbabasehan.  For the past 3 months pulos may tono ng love ang mga notes and everytime that I’d check kung saan and kanino galling ang mga flowers iba’t iba ang nagpapadala.  Minsan teenager na babae; may time naman teenager na lalaki.  Now matandang babae.  Mahirap mahuli.  Mukhang matalino and planado ang mga kilos.

Asher, Doreen and I thought na lilipas din ito.  But the opposite is happening.  This person is getting bolder and braver.  Maybe because we were encouraging him by not doing anything.  Hindi nga alam ng press and fans ni Asher ang tungkol dito.  All they think is galing ito sa secret admirer or secret lover ni Asher.  This is also what we fed to the press.  May kasalanan din kami.  Hindi na namin pwedeng sabihin ang tungkol sa probably an obsessed fan/stalker ni Asher.  The media will have a field day pag nangyari yon.  And when that happens baka maging desperate ang taong ito and might decide to to do harsh and drastic things to Asher.

Now I am worried.  Hindi na biro ang latest na note niya.  I have to do something before it is too late.”

Tito Miguel stood up…walks around the room contemplating his next actions.

“But how?  If I hire bodyguards for Asher it will be too obvious to the public.  The press and the people will become curious kung bakit.  Bodyguards…papaano maitatago sa publiko?

Oh, darn it!  Why didn’t I think about it before.  Not bodyguards…but a BODYGUARD!  Someone who I can fully trust.  Someone who has the training and the brains to do the job. 

The question now is sino?  Miguel…mag-isip ka.  Sino?  Sino?”

Tito Miguel mumbled to himself.

“Yes!”  Tito Miguel nearly shouted

“Alam ko na kung sino.  Maaaring I’ll have a hard time convincing this person but I know he will not refuse me in the end.  Although it’s been a long time since the last time I spoke to this person.  I just hope he is free to help me and agree to accept the job.”  

“Alas 2:15 o’clock na  pala ng madaling araw.  I need to wake up early in the morning to talk to this person.  Gabi sa kanila so probably nasa bahay na siya.  Also I need my wits tomorrow when I discuss my plans to Asher.  Alam ko hindi siya papayag.  She thinks she can take care of herself.  But I think otherwise.  Well, good luck to both of us.”

Tito Miguel said to himself before going to bed…confident that his plans will work.