Part 14 ~ Secrets of the Past

I stumbled a few steps back, worried. After thinking about what to say for several minutes, I finally opened my mouth to speak.

"You...you did all this knowing that your father is the police chief, and if he found out, he wouldn't spare you?" I asked, disbelieving. Sooyoung tilted her head in my direction, staring at me with a gloomy expression.

"That's the thing, y/n," she said, clenching her teeth. "He was never supposed to find out. I thought those idiots in there would be smart enough not to call the police, in case one of your lives were put in danger because of it. But it turns out, Yoongi doesn't really care for you after all, does he?" she said arrogantly. I felt a familiar burning sensation on my cheek as a warm tear rolled down it.

"Tha-that's not true," I managed to croak out. "Yoongi wouldn't even be here if he didn't care for me," I said. Sooyoung gave a malevolent laugh, then shook her head at me.

"That's true. There's a reason I brought both you and Tiffany here. I really wanted to see who he cared more for; his precious new love or his favourite artist. It seems like you're both useful, he cares about both of you," she sneered.

I scoffed. "Really? It seems to me like you're just jealous of Tiffany. You didn't bring her here to see if Yoongi cared about her, you brought her here to get rid of her. You're jealous. And I don't blame you; she's better than you in every way," I spat. Sooyoung's face contorted into a menacing glare as she took a slow step towards me.

"Jealous? Jealous, huh?" she asked, her jaw clenched so tight I was sure it would be impossible to open it again. But alas, she continued speaking.

"Is that what you call it when you're completely angry that someone got something before you, even though you worked harder for it?" Sooyoung said scornfully. "Fine, then. Call me jealous. But I've worked far harder than your snotty friend who managed to debut before me. I trained for years before her, then she just suddenly pops up and she's ready to debut with like, a month of training?! That's bullshit." Sooyoung said, matter-of-factly.

"No. It's called talent. Something which you obviously lack," I said, smiling.

I received a hard blow on my jaw for that, and I fell to the ground weakly, unable to balance myself due to my tied hands. A trail of blood slowly oozed out from my mouth, and I grimaced, unable to wipe it away.

Sooyoung smiled at me sweetly.

"Let me get that for you, sweety," she said, leaning down to wipe the blood away using her thumb. I shrugged her off, and she giggled. The gun was still in her hand.

Sooyoung sat down next to me, her eyes vacant. She seemed to be pondering over something.

"What am I doing here? Whatever the reason, can you get it over with? I'm tired." I snapped. Sooyoung looked at me from the corner of her eye, then proceeded to roll her head back and laugh.

"You have such a big mouth even though you keep getting in trouble for it. I think I may like you," she said, smiling again.

"The feeling isn't mutual," I said, disgusted. I wondered where all my fear had disappeared to. All I knew was that I had a splitting headache, and Sooyoung's constant yapping wasn't making it any better.

"Well. I was supposed to escape. But I have a feeling that I can use you for a longer time. What's your rush? The breeze and the view is nice out here. Enjoy," she smiled nonchalantly. I leaned back, repulsed.

"It's a nice view when you're not afraid of being pushed over," I noted. Sooyoung looked completely amused by now.

"Well. We must leave now, if I want your precious boyfriend to panic when he doesn't find you anywhere. Get up," she said, roughly hauling me up.

"Why are you doing this to Yoongi? He doesn't deserve it," I said, wishing that my voice didn't crack when I said his name. Sooyoung paused before answering.

"Well. In all honesty, this could have been avoided. I planned for those three to break up from the very beginning, because it was only Namjoon and Hoseok who were always on about how I wasn't ready to debut. Yoongi however, somehow had faith in me," she stated. She leaned back against a nearby tree, huffing from exhaustion.

"I decided that if they broke up and started their own agencies, I would have a chance with Yoongi's label. But I had to plan around that carefully. I had to decide on how to break them up. And knowing that Hoseok had feelings for me, that made things way too easy," she said, laughing. I stared at her in shock. She had used someone's feelings against them. Evil wasn't the word for her.

"I couldn't make things too obvious. I had to make Hoseok think I felt the same way, so when they split, I stayed with his company for a bit. Even though I knew it was a waste of time. I knew I wouldn't debut. Then I ran off to Yoongi's company, pretending like it was for the best. What a waste, though. I realised after a few months that he wasn't planning on debuting me soon either. It was only when Hoseok told me to ask Yoongi about the money that I decided to hatch this magnificent plan. I pretended to be a spy for Hoseok, helping him get information from Yoongi's company. They both trusted me so much. How gullible are men?" she was suddenly in stiches, her laugh echoing in the dark night.

"You're a witch," I said, and regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth, because I suddenly heard a click and saw Sooyoung pointing the gun at me once again. Only this time, I was afraid of what would happen next. I braced myself for the worst, when an unfamiliar voice broke through the eerie silence.

"Sooyoung, what are you doing?" It was a man in a police uniform, and judging by how he knew Sooyoung's name, I assumed that he was the famous police chief.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I thought this book would be coming to an end soon, but it appears not 😂 Ignore my previous note in the last chapter ❤

Also ~ Part 3 of my other book, The Magnate and the Pauper is out ❤ Please check it out

Thank you for 2k reads! I don't know how to thank you all enough ❤ Your support and comments make my day❤

Please vote for this chapter if you liked it, and follow me for updates