Chapter 7: Sector 21 - Liverpool

Everyone is a sleeping giant. Inside is a power waiting to be opened.

Six youngsters are packing their things. Leaving Celestial City was not that easy. Their parents were convinced by Sigrid to transfer their child to Leighton University. The youngsters bid goodbye to the people they would leave. They were hugging and kissing their parents/guardians. Riza on the other hand, gave her father’s body her warmest hugs and kisses. The city’s undertaker buried Van after Riza and Sigrid gave their final goodbyes. After everything had been prepared, John and his companions left the city. The vehicle they rode was a long, black bus. Aside from the six teens, there were 5 other passengers that were not related to them.

*********

            The trip was so silent. All the ears can hear was the sound of the bus engine and the sound of the wind. The six fellows were still thinking of what happened. Riza was crying at the end of the bus. Lights suddenly blinded the lady’s vision. When she got her eyesight back, Van was seated beside her. She was shocked. The old man talked to her daughter for quite long time. They laughed, cried and felt emotions until it was time for him to go again. They hugged each other tightly. Riza’s longing was seemingly satisfied.

            Riza woke up as the bus moved cranky since it is entering a rocky road. It was then that she realized that she was only dreaming but she knew that her father visited her and let her fell the love that she was thirsty for. She realized that her father will always be in her heart and mind to guide and love her. She fixed her hair, rubbed her eyes and cleaned her clothes. She glanced to her right and saw Tom beside her. She smiled at the man and laid her head on the guy’s shoulders. “Don’t leave me Tom,” she whispered. The guy just smiled and held the lady’s hand close to him.

            Meanwhile, john sat beside Cindy and began appreciating the lady. Cindy, though, found it somewhat “annoying” but sweet. Throughout the trip, they were talking about their childhood experiences. They were really happy. Located at their back were two sleepy heads, Mearbel and Zach. They were both uncomfortable of riding a bus in a long way trip. To divert their attention, they just slept beside each other.

********

            Three hours had already passed. The bus passed by a stopover. Everyone went down to use the comfort room or buy a food. The six lads felt the shifting of altitude in that place. That stopover was a “sitio” at the center of a mountainous area. No house could be sighted around it. Overall, green trees and great rocks could be perceived as one would spread his vision of the area. The wind was cool and soothing although the sun’s scourging heat was still there. After 15 minutes, the bus was ready to go. Continuing the boring journey, the six fellows fall asleep. Six hours to go before they could reach their destination.

            After hours of sleeping, Cindy woke up. Peeping outside the bus’ window, she saw a huge signboard. “Welcome to Liverpool.” Finally, they have reached their destination. But they still need to wait until the bus reaches the terminal. The others woke up from their dream state too. The sound of the noisy vehicles and market vendors were heard even inside the bus.

            Liverpool, the city of “wonders” as it was described. Why? Well, lots and lots of tourist attractions were located here plus 5 star hotels and restaurants add to the city’s package. This is considered the ultimate vacation place for high class people. However, this city has bigger annoying buildings, noisy crowds, and over populated villages. For now, the bus had reached the terminal already. The six youths held their head up as they were hooked with the gigantic buildings and skyscrapers of the city. It was so amazing and intriguing for the group since their City is of no match to where they are now. Their contact, Jayson, came in screaming, “Hey guys! Welcome to Liverpool!” He was a well known tourist guide throughout the city. He was also a childhood friend of John. They went to an apartment allotted for the group. It was a huge apartment with 3 double-deck beds.