Switched - 04

"The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight."

-- Arthur Ashe

CHAPTER IV

Seven am and I was already at school. I asked Van to come early so that I could get on with my plan. We waited at the cafeteria for about thirty minutes before our target entered the room.

 "Seriously? You must be kidding me Clo. Are you sure this will work? You know those bitches won't stop talking about you if you do this."

I shrugged. I have never done bad things before, mean things. Maybe it was time for me to live up the manipulative bitch side of me. Since they called me that, might as well enjoy the privelages.

"Don't worry. I got this." I said as I tapped her shoulder.

I stood up and called out the guy I have been waiting for. "Hey Drake!"

His jet black hair shuffled as his head turned to my direction.

Drake Sullivan. Basketball team captain. Total hottie. Unfortunately, he was one of the unlucky guys who made it on Van's list. If I remember it right, he even made it to the top 10—the first ten guys who confessed to me and had their egos crushed.

A smile immediately carved on his insanely boyish face when he saw me. He was such a pretty boy—bad-boyish but pretty. No doubt about that. Before I knew it, he was standing next to me in an instant, "Is there anything I can do for you, Clo?" he said enthusiastically.

I smiled back, "Yes, if it's not such a bother to you."

He shook his head, smile still plastered on his face. "No, not at all. If I could, I would. What is it?"

I asked him to sit down beside me so I could tell him what I wanted him to do. After I've discussed with him the details of my plan, shock was all over his handsome face.

His eyes widened, "Are you serious? Why do we need to that? You know what would happen, Clo." He said anxiously.

"As what I have told you, I want this guy to stay away from me as much as possible. But if you can't do it, I could ask somebody else."

He was silent for a moment. Probably thinking things through. I knew I was asking too much but this was the only plan I could think of. He was the best guy to do it and I would be really damned if he won't help me. I could just hope for the best.

"Who is this guy, anyway?" he muttered after a while. His gaze was everywhere but to me.

"An old acquaintance." I said flatly.

Van jostled me. "He was not just an acquaintance, Clo." she hissed.

"Shh. Shut up." I said under my breath.

"Anything wrong?" Asked Drake.

"No, no. None at all. Uhm. So. Up for it?" I chirped. I couldn't believe I was acting so lively like those cheer leaders. If I kept this up, I might've found myself roaming around the school wearing a plitted skirt and a hanging blouse while holding pompoms screaming, "Go St. John High!"

Drake looked like he was thinking whether to help me or not. But somehow, I hoped he would choose the former than the latter.

"Fine." My face brightened up and I gave him my sweetest smile. "What exactly are we supposed to do?"

"Hey is that Drake with Chloe? I thought she dumped him?"

"Maybe she realized Drake is a good catch after all."