Switched - 10

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love."

                                                                               -Mark Muller

---------------------------------------------------------------oOo------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Chapter X

I couldn’t take any more of these. Was he kidding me? After what he did to me back then, he would expect me to believe that crap? Am I that stupid? I may not know him so well like I knew Lou but I could tell that this one's a sham. He was with me for a year and that was in fourth grade for crying out loud! How could he say that he likes me? Just like that.. Like it was so natural for him to say that.

“You must’ve left your brain up there.” I said unfeelingly.

His brows creased, “I didn’t okay?” He let out a sigh before he faced me again, “Why do I have this feeling that you don’t believe me?”

I put my hand on my chest as if affected and hurt of what he'd said, “Why would you think that? How you could?”

His eyes widened, threatened by reaction. He quickly grabbed my hand and kissed it, “No. I’m sorry. It’s just that… Never mind. Just forget I said that.” He placed my hand back on my lap and stoop up, “Let’s go. I’m taking you home.”

He's really weird. He said he wanted to ride each and every attraction at the park then now he's taking me home. "It's okay. I could go home by myself. You enjoy yourself here." I got on my feet and smiled at him.

I was to take my first step when he grabbed my forearm, "No. I'm taking you home."

He slid his hold from my forearm to my hand and started walking. I stared at him while I let him drag me  on our way out the amusement park. It just felt so right. His hand holding mine. I wanted to protest but my will wasn't in a level wherein I can pull off from him.

When we reached the gate, he glanced back at me. On instinct, I avoided his gaze and looked somewhere else. He chuckled and went on walking. I don't know what's gotten into me but I found myself smiling when his attention was back up front.

We didn't talk. It was an awkward silence between us on our way home. An awkward full 15 minutes of silence.

It was around 6:30pm when we reached our house. He just barged in and rang the doorbell. I was left dumbstruck.

The door opened and it was Lou standing there. His brow creased when his eyes went down on our hands. I immediately pulled off but Lance held onto it tighter.

"Lou...." I breathed.

"Get inside Gel. I need to talk to him." His stare wasn't leaving Lance. I don't like the feel I was having.

I went on inside not wanting to hear what they're gonna talk about. Not wanting to see what's gonna happen. The last thing I heard from Lou was, "What the hell were you doing? Can't you atleast call and tell me you're with her? I know you want to see her and I've told her that. But do you really have to drag her in whichever place to want to go?"

I heard that full sentence from him. It actually stopped me from taking another step just to hear and understand it clearly. But i went on ahead after I've hear that. I don't want to hear any more of it.

I headed straight to my room and plopped on my bed. I lifted my hand that Lance held and stared at it. Lou held me once like that too and it felt the same. But most of the time, it felt different. It was strange how Lance could send tingles down my spine just by merely holding my hand. Without even uttering a single word, without even giving a me a glance.